corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring for 6*9's through an amp

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring for 6*9's through an amp
Dom

User status: Offline
30th Oct 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant find anything, but yea the manual should
You need to look for the RMS wattage (might also say rated). Then look for what it says about Ohms eg: it might have sumthing like 1x500w @ 4Ohms, 1x900w @ 2Ohms...or 4x100wRMS @ 4ohms, 4x200w RMS @ 2Ohms. You get the idea Or just write out what it says about the outputs of the amp
What your not after is the MAX (/peak) wattage output!

Dom

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by VisibleMan]
BigSte

30th Oct 03 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank Dom......I'll photograph the spec page and post up on here tonight (about 10 ish)....thanks a lot pal
Dom

30th Oct 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a problem mate
However, what your after is 700wRMS @ 2Ohms (or near to that number(. If you amp can do that, then sorted otherwise another amp may be needed
Dom
Richie

30th Oct 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My this thread got big
BigSte

31st Oct 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres the pics i took of the manual........there isnt a spec page as such so i just photographed everythin that related to the power of it.........some pages are duplicated as some r taken close and some a bit further away........i dont know if this makes any difference but on the box it says 2 x 800w or 4 x 400w

Dom

1st Nov 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright mate,
in the manual there isnt a table or anything (usually towards the back) stating any figures?? what ya after is the wattage....and having a read through those it doesnt show anything. Although you amp can take a 2,4,8Ohm load....all we need to know is what RMS wattage is given out at 2ohms

Dom
BigSte

2nd Nov 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked through the whole book entirely and this is the only spec page i can see which was after the german section in the book which is why i missed it first time. i dont think thi tells u what u want to know but its worth a try
Dom

2nd Nov 03 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like you might have to contact ratho (i think thats who makes it). Or you could go ahead and try it...although you'll either be running them too hot (too much power) or not enough.

Dom
BigSte

3rd Nov 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how should i try them......parallel or other way?
Dom

3rd Nov 03 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well best bet would be to put each sub on a bridge pair...ie channels 1&2 are bridged for sub1, 3&4 for sub 2...and turn down the gains. Should be alright...but obviously, your after the correct RMS from the amp for the subs. I would just contact them and see what they say

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll