corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How To Amplify Front Speakers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How To Amplify Front Speakers?
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
20th Sep 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will soon be amplifying all my speakers with a 4 channel amp, however I don't want to get into my door multiplugs - Want to keep 'car-side' of them' - I want to connect the amps front speaker wires to the existing ones to simplicity without drilling the plugs etc.

Where's best to tap into the speakers and how wil I know which wires are the speakers and whcih are the mirrors or leccie windows?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Edited on 20-09-2003 by Mav 3000]
Savinforcorsaproject

20th Sep 03 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To amp the Speakers as far as i kno u cannot tap into the wire i cud be worng u rund the Speaker wire fro mthe amp and connect to speakers.
ANDY1.4

20th Sep 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i joined mine at the head unit using the diagrams in the back of the hanes manual to find out what wire is what colour
Mav 3000

20th Sep 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joining at the head unit sounds like a good idea - easier to identify the speaker colours from the rest of the door looms.

I think I'll maybe try that
ANDY1.4

20th Sep 03 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u need the colours let me know ive got it sumwhere
Fear

20th Sep 03 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just look in the haynes manual it has all the wiring diagrams,then find the loom coming into the car from the door, chop the wires then join your amp wires to these and bingo, but the standard wire is seriously crap, really thin cheap stuff that wont help your speakers!!!!!!

Its not to hard to run wires through the door if you want!!!!!!
Mav 3000

20th Sep 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought with the full door multiplug threading new wires through wold be very difficult.

Also, I thought when I looked at that bit of the loom going t the doors that there are a lot of brown wires - I think one speaker wires brown, the others blue isn't it.
Kris TD

20th Sep 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

join at the headunit, its how im gonna do mine
Fear

20th Sep 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mav 3000
I thought with the full door multiplug threading new wires through wold be very difficult.

Also, I thought when I looked at that bit of the loom going t the doors that there are a lot of brown wires - I think one speaker wires brown, the others blue isn't it.

Getting wires through the door can be done, i did mine by pushing wire as far as i could up to the multiplug small hole in the sleeve behind the plug on the car side then drilled a hole in the dooe next to the door multiplug small gromet bit of glue form glue gun and thats it done!!!!! Its abit fiddily but your speakers will like it alot more

As for hunting the wires out i didnt have any problems finding the right ones, ones brown and yellow and will have a brown right next to aint and the sam the other side but blue!!!!!!

To make sure i snipped wire (in a place i could re join if needs be) and then turned HU on and see if it worked, do the wire you are not sure of first tho
Mav 3000

20th Sep 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Folks - I've uprated my rear speaker wiring, and the door wiring for the fornt speakers have been uprated to, but the multiplugs - Im staying clear of.

I think I'll wire the new wiring up to the headunit outlet or there abouts - where its easy to get to.

Im still making progress with my install, Ill post pics up tomorrow probably. Im buying the amp wiring kit once I get paid in the job I start on Monday.

Thanks for the advice
Fear

20th Sep 03 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mav 3000

Im still making progress with my install, Ill post pics up tomorrow probably. Im buying the amp wiring kit once I get paid in the job I start on Monday.

Thanks for the advice

My new install i built last wekk is being trimmed over the last few days and next few days, ummmmmmm alcantara, i cant wait to get it back its just annoyin me now, but not as much as the bill
M4tt

21st Sep 03 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i joined mine at the back of the HU, think it says on the HU what colour wires are which channels
IntaCepta

21st Sep 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what guage speaker wires are i guys using??

I would have thought the existing speaker wire (from HU to Door to Speaker) would be tooo thin?

If you're going to the trouble of amplifying your speakers, should you at least use a thicker speaker cable.
IMO 22guage is way too thin, i'm running 12 or 16 guage, can't remember now lol.

Mav 3000

22nd Sep 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But its too much hassle doing it at the multiplugs for my liking- hard to get at etc, and I'd probably mistake the mirror wire for a speaker wire or something!
Carb_Fanatic

14th Jul 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the corsa ISO plug into the back of the head unit has three plugs, one of which is bigger than the others, ignore this one! one with about 4 wires(by memory) and another with 8. the 8 wire plug is your speakers!

on that speaker plug you have the positive speaker wires on the top row and the negs on the lower row.

the rear speakers wires are the outer ones on each side:
R F F R Positve Row
R F F R Negative Row

the middle ones are the front speakers!

easy, oh and they are also one the correct side's, eg the left rear and the left front will both be on the left of the plug!

[Edited on 14-07-2004 by Carb_Fanatic]

[Edited on 14-07-2004 by Carb_Fanatic]
Mav 3000

14th Jul 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This threads nearly a year old - whats it doing here again!!
AdiSRI

14th Jul 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did mineat the hu too, but when i get my new bits, its being put thru right to the speakers.

New Poll