corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » can u tell me?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can u tell me?
AustinRacer

User status: Offline
6th Mar 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do i need a amp before a sub
n is vibe a good name for an amp 2 channels it is it cost £400 n he wants £140 for it still in box
Cheers
Helen
Dan
Premium Member

7th Mar 03 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally dont like vibe stuff

have a look at this...i reckon this stuff is pretty good and it aint 2 expensive

http://www.hollywoodsoundlabs.com

the edge 15in dvc sub was £295 boxed

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
pink_devil

7th Mar 03 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i think vibe is an aquired taste.
be safe with rockford fosgate, or JBL if its your first time, these are nice fab quality tight basses i find.
jipp

7th Mar 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in answer to your question, no, i know you can bridge the rear speakers off the headunits tso you can use them to run a sub, altough i couldn't tell you how good it would sound
TOMAS

7th Mar 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you would need an amp to power the sub, never heard of h.units where you can bridge the h.units internal amp? Subs need a lot of power, h.units can not supply anywhere near the amount you'll need. If you plan on just installing one sub then a two cahnnel or mono amp should do the job but i'd look at possibly getting a good-quality four channel amp. You'd bridge two channels to run youre sub and then use the other two channels to power a good set of front speakers (not rears). That is a good starting point. Also £400 seems quite steep for a 2channel amp, i think he may have been over-charged but if it is in good condition then £140 seems reasonable. Get the model number and fone some ICE shops to compair prices.
jipp

7th Mar 03 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my pioneer 7900 does it
jipp

7th Mar 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Direct Sub Drive

Combine the MOSFET 50Wx4 power amp and EEQ Plus technology to get Direct Sub Drive, another unique Pioneer technology feature. It enables you to amplify your front speakers by 2 x 50 W and add a 70 W amplified filtered subwoofer (in 2 Ohm mode) in the rear to enjoy outstanding full power bass without an extra amplifier. It’s an easy solution for lovers of booming bass.

okay so it ain't great but if you skint what the hell
AustinRacer

9th Mar 03 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys for all ur advice looks like im gonna have to stop in a lot more n stop of the alcohol to save for a good ICE system

Cheers
Helen

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » can u tell me? 25 database queries in 0.0103331 seconds