corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp wiring question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp wiring question
BigSte

User status: Offline
8th Sep 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have an amp wired up to a sub but am wanting to wire the amp to some 6x9's, which means I dont have an amp to power my sub.

This means I need to wire another amp in. Will there be enough room in the back of my stereo for 2 more phono leads and the blue switch lead.

I have a sony xplod cdx L400.

If not what would you recommend I do?

[Edited on 08-09-2003 by BigSte]
t44rnt

8th Sep 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

connect your 2 amps, problem solved
CORSALUVA

8th Sep 03 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont have an extra pre out on the back of your stereo you can by y leads from halfords etc. these are basically like double adapters converting one phone lead into two.

as for the remote (blue) wireyou can run another wire from the first amp to the second.

for power you can but a distribution block so that you can have one power cable coming into the car and two from the block to power both amps.

hope this helps.

failing this sell your amp and buy a 4ch amp which will power all of you speakers
dixon

8th Sep 03 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some y leads to connect ur rca lead in to ur other set of rca lead leading to ur amp
BigSte

8th Sep 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the amp is 4 channel but just isnt powerful anough which is why i wanna bigger one for the sub
BigSte

8th Sep 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSALUVA

as for the remote (blue) wireyou can run another wire from the first amp to the second.

where do I have the wire comin out of the first amp?

BigSte

8th Sep 03 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ALSO FORGOT TO ASK............the wiring that is in already powering the amp is for 300W. If I'm gonna use the existing wiring and get some y leads n a distribution block for the power will this wiring be alright or will I need to get upgraded wiring cos the new amps gonna be about 500w as well as the 300w thats already in.
BigSte

8th Sep 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
mike_southside

8th Sep 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey dude, i dont think it really matters, i was wondering the same as u, because i have a 600w power lead. i hooked that up with my mates 800w kenwood amp with a 1000w infitiy sub and it worked fine. so in anwer to ur question no i dont think u will need to up grade. the only thing that migth happen is the wire over heating so just keep checking. i am not 100% sure so u had better ask a 2nd opinioun.
cheers
mike
Ant

8th Sep 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the blue remote lead will come from head unit to firs amp then just run it to second amp from same place it only a 12v signal feed. As foe power cable it depends on how many watts your amps really are (rms) anything over 500 watts rms and i would get some uprated power leads, fuses and earth cable.
BigSte

8th Sep 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite, ive just been out and disconnected the wires from the amp to the sub and wired in the 6x9's to the amp instead. All I get is bass like I get from the sub?
Is this rite?

New Poll