corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v -> 1.6 16v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v -> 1.6 16v
RobHayes

User status: Offline
29th Oct 03 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ as above ^
i currently have a 1.2 16v sxi (x12xe) and have been offered a 1.6 16v (x16xe) for a good price
how easy is the conversion between these engines?
wot will i need - apart from the usual (ecu, loom, gearbox, engine)

cheers
jjcymru

29th Oct 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

key and transponder or itll never start due to the immobiliser.

RobHayes

29th Oct 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point - better check thats included
RobHayes

30th Oct 03 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does noone know any more then?
Mav 3000

30th Oct 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is exactly the question I wanted to ask but was afraid to with all the other ones being posted!

Id ideally like to see a complete and total shopping list for the conversion - engine, gear box - what types etc, any keys, sensors, wiring, tanks, seals - you know - engine related things!

Im also interested to hear how much of a pain the wiring would be - if you have to change the key/barrel thing on the dash it sound slike the dash has to be messed around with - and I know thats a real ball ache.

When you take it to a place to do it for you - ie drive in, drive out - do they source all the parts for you too?
RobHayes

30th Oct 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as im aware most competent garages are capable of doing the swap if u provide everything. there are probably places out there that can source everything but as with everything it will be more expensive. im hoping that there wont be that many problems cos i dont wanna spend too much. i know not to go for an engine out of an earlier model i.e a c16xe as they are a pain in the arse wiring wise
RobHayes

30th Oct 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i really wanna know is if there will be any serious problems with the wiring as im pretty confident in the actual bolting in bit, just electrics im worried about
Born_corsa02

30th Oct 03 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the electrics are a rite pain there wos a lad on here whos just done this conversion do a search and ask him
RobHayes

30th Oct 03 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u talking bout calidus? if so he fitted a c16xe outta a gsi, whereas i want a x16xe outta a sport, the wiring is different
Born_corsa02

30th Oct 03 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno who it was mate just heard the wirin wos completely different and a rite pain to sort out mite be wrong why not fone vauxhalls
RobHayes

30th Oct 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have tried but the bloke there has no clue
Mav 3000

30th Oct 03 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what we need to know is:

1) Whats EVERYTHING we would need

2) Is the wiring from a 1.2 16v to a x16xe simply a replacement loom to the dash and ECU? Plug and Play?
CRB 553

30th Oct 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done a 1.0 12V to a 1.4 16v lol thats got to be the most aukward....immobiliserless ecu helped alot though.....
corsa3.0v6

30th Oct 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U need a new radiator cos the 1.2 16v is different all the wiring for the 1.2 is in the engine bay with the ecu. the 1.6 ecu goes inside the car so a little more soldering is needed!! then the power steering is different 2 cos its electric on the 1.2 & its hydraulic on the 1.6 so U need 2 fit a shorter belt & tensioner or modify the hydraulic pump, a wkend should do it!
RobHayes

31st Oct 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know that the power steering is hydraulic on the older 1.6 16v (c16xe) but thought that it was electric on the newer ones. i think that calidus has left the belt etc on but uses the electric power steering

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v -> 1.6 16v 24 database queries in 0.0242429 seconds