corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring EW & EM Cabling to door multi-plug?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring EW & EM Cabling to door multi-plug?
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 03 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I am going to look behind my kick panels in my footwells to see if I've wiring for EM and EW's. If it turns out I have the wiring, is there a way of wiring it into the empty plugs in my door multi-plug unit like my CL is already wired into or do I need new multiplugs with the metal contacts already in it?

I can explain further if required, but thanks for any help.

Rich
DJ_Voodoo

2nd Apr 03 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can buy little metal terminals that go into the plugs from places like maplin.co.uk . just plug them in and connect the wires too them
Mav 3000

3rd Apr 03 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I wanted to hear! thanks.

But... how do you know wheich wires plug in to which connectors? I mean are they colour coded to match both sides of the multi-plug? what if there is more than one say brown cable?

I have a Haynes Manual but I don't think it covers it in there.
DJ_Voodoo

3rd Apr 03 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trial and error id think. just get a cheap multimeter and use the continuity tester to check each one out. it just gives a litle beep when you've got a connection
Mav 3000

3rd Apr 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to leave it to the experts and hope they know what there doing.

Thanks.
DJ_Voodoo

3rd Apr 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having a spark to fit them is it?
Mav 3000

3rd Apr 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto elecrician - trawled the yellow pages last weekend. Vaux wanted £325, many places said no can do, one guy said £45 for EW wiring, £25 for EM wiring. He can come out to give me a proper quote and if I like it he will do it. Others said its like a 5 hours job, but I dunno - so long as it doesn't wind up to stupid money.

Don't know how to do it myself, and don't know a sparky Fed up with it, seeing my car stripped, no EW, no wiring after looking in kick panel and loom and multi-plug - really cheesed off with it. tis was a morning job if I had the wiring gone all wrong.

PPL have said they could fit it for me off here and Mig, but there all in the other ends of the country - otherwise I'd have paid them.

[Edited on 03-04-2003 by Mav 3000]
DJ_Voodoo

3rd Apr 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gunna try doing it myself on my car. have some really trick door cards then if i dunt need to have to worry about locating the window winder! could have then better ones if i got rid of the lever for opening the doors and have them to open using a solenoid and a little push switch! how gud would that be!
Mav 3000

3rd Apr 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate the window switches - not very nice. I prefer the corsa C ones. that switch for door release sounds amazing - best put it in a place your not gonna elbow while driving!

Great idea - would impress passengers for sure.
Mav 3000

3rd Apr 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever been in aBMW 5 series? they have like an orange light that is directional that shines down from the ceiling onto the gear knob and hand brake at night - looks amazing to me and I've always wanted one but don't know how the lights acheive this. another Idea I want to do - but don't know how!!
DJ_Voodoo

3rd Apr 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, u get my u2u mate?

New Poll