corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Infinity 9603i 6x9 Speakers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Infinity 9603i 6x9 Speakers
Dom

User status: Offline
24th Nov 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, that would mean that each channel gets 75wRMS, abit too high for your coxials, although you could lower the gains so it wont output that much.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

24th Nov 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you do that? can u lower the output for one channel and increase it for another?

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by flameredcorsab]
Makarus

24th Nov 03 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel pretty shit now, got JBL GTO3-12 sub and JBL GTO505ce components. I am pretty happy with them to be honest, not got any complaints, like the sub a lot. Not really had a good listen to the components but they are much better than the Pioneer co-axials I had.
Dom

24th Nov 03 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, lets say you brought a 2 channel amp that outputs 100wRMS. Now thats 100wRMS per channel (unless stated elsewhere), so from left channel you would get 100wRMS and from the right channel you would get 100wRMS.
Now if its a good quality amp you will have two gain controls, one for eitherside, left and right (most amps have gains, but im not sure about each amp having a gain per channel, it might be a gain for 2 channels etc). And basically the gain controls on the amp you lower to cut the power if you need to.

To be honest, thinking about it the 75wRMS amp will be alright, just turn the gains down and it will be ok
Dom

24th Nov 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
I feel pretty shit now, got JBL GTO3-12 sub and JBL GTO505ce components. I am pretty happy with them to be honest, not got any complaints, like the sub a lot. Not really had a good listen to the components but they are much better than the Pioneer co-axials I had.

at the end of the day, its what your happy with and what you budget allows
I would always suggest to a person starting out, to get the front end sorted first. Sod getting 6x9's and 34 million inch subs when you have crap sound up front, where you'll be driving! Get good comps, get em amped. Get a good sub and amp and you will be sorted
Makarus

24th Nov 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I had my Pioneers up front at the same time as I got my original subs. But then the subs had to go for something louder, and then the fronts had to go for something better.

I only paid £50 for them brand new so I aint too fussed, and to be honest I aint going for an amazing install because most people wouldnt notice the fine differences between £50 kit and £300 kit.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll