corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speakers Help Needed ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speakers Help Needed ???
M1K3 L33

User status: Offline
   13th Nov 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently bought a Corsa Sxi from PLP Motors in Warrington. Im not very experienced in judging the quality of Speakers head units ect... but literally 30 miles of the fore court i turned up the Radio thinking i was the boll*x and bang! speakers blew and now they rattle like mad! I think i can get them replaced under warrenty but wondered if any-one had any advice on what i could do to make the sound quality that little bit better? i have about £250 left so im not expecting miracles.
James@CCC

13th Nov 03 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my whole system sounding pretty bo for just £200, £150 of which was headunit so u dont really need to spend big bucks for good sound. Basically u just wanna change all the speakers to anything else (obviously you get what you pay for). I had a couple of kenwood 6x9's in the back and 5 inch kenwood 2 way speakers in the front, costing about £30 quid each. The 6x9's gave me enough bass, altough if u are a true bass junkie you will need a sub, and by changing the front speakers it just meant i couldnt hear the system stuggling when it got loud.

By changing the front speakers, about a month after the 6x9, it took away distortion and meant u could hear the bass, some people actually thought i did have a sub. Definatly worth just chaning factory speakers for anything else.

This was all until last night when some twat smashed my window and took my headunit and 6x9s along with the fucking parcel shelf to add insult to injury. But i got a shiny new panasonic headunit on its way so im not without tunes for long
M1K3 L33

14th Nov 03 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that mate,

I was on the way to Halford this week-end to try and get it sorted! apparently reading some of the posts on this site its not worth taking it there?

Mistamist

14th Nov 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah get down to halfords, the last time i was there (bout a week ago) they were doing a special offer on some infinity 6x9's something like £50 and its hard to beat the quality of infinity speakers, also get yaself some component speakers for the front.
Mistamist

14th Nov 03 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you do buy new speakers for the fron you will ne to buy some spacers as well, just ask the bloke in halfords, they cost about 15 notes.
rapid

14th Nov 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8 brought them 6x9's infinity @ halfords for £50

top quality
TOMAS

14th Nov 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"top quality" No, value for money yes. I have owned a set of Infinity components for 3 years now. They last and are damn good quality
Mistamist

14th Nov 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the Vibe SR69's they do in halfords, stay away from them, they build quality is shite! the centre voice coil kept snapping, i went through 3 sets!! everytime i shut the boot it wabbled. so i got a refund for 80 and bought the infinity's for £42 (got my mate to get staff discount)
M1K3 L33

14th Nov 03 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

infinity 6x9s you say ??

might sound like a daft question but will they fit in the new Corsa Sxi?

Cheers
M1K3 L33

14th Nov 03 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, what component speakers would you suggest??

Cheers

Mike
paul_spurrell

14th Nov 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put them in the shelf
Mistamist

14th Nov 03 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they will fit, also components, i personally want the infinity comps as well as to get high quality allround, i got kenwood dual voice in the front doors at the moment, they are good i just wasnt better quality rather than volume.
M1K3 L33

14th Nov 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgive me for sounding dumb!

but... the way i have learnt in the past is to ask questions even if this does make me look a bit shall we say daft!

so.....the 6x9's will fit behind the panneling where my factory fitted speakers are?

what speakers do you suggest for the front ???

also i have noticed in the sxi that inside the door where the wing mirrors are there is a small circular grill. are these for another set of speakers?? (tweaters) or is it just a fasion accesory?

i appreciate the help.

Mike
James@CCC

14th Nov 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 6x9s wont fit where the old one where, you will have to cut two holes in the parcel shelf and mount them there.

Pretty much all speakers will fit in the front if you get an adapter plate.

If you mean the girll bit by the door hnadle, then yes these are for tweeters. I have left these there so that when the bass is up on my system i can still hear treble as i have these tweeters and the ones in my front speakers as they are 2 way. I hate systems when you can actually hear anything cos of the bass, one of my mates has this and its shit
Mistamist

14th Nov 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No
Its good to ask questions, the 6x9's will have to go in your parcel shelf, you gotta cut two holes the same shape as the template you get in the box supplied. then use the wires that go to the standard rear speakers to supply power to the new 6x9s. im not sure bout the front on a corsa c as i have a corsa b but you can put speakers anywhere really. just goaat do a bit of cuttin and sticking and heres one i made earlier!
M1K3 L33

14th Nov 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers all

see what i can do this week-end! hopefully it wont be damaged beyond recognition.....but apparently the other way to learn is just a bit of old fashioned DIY!!

up loading pictures?? you have to be a premium member right??

and one last thing... because ive been a good boy my credit card company have increased my limit......... very tempted to get a set of wheels? where do you reccomend and what is the maximum size i can fit on the sxi? without tampering with the arches/springs etc

ill leave you be now

till Monday

Mike
James@CCC

15th Nov 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea try the diy, u really cant go too wrong.

Im guessing ur on corsa b, so u can go for either 16's with no arch mods or 17's with only a lil bit of work done. I also dont have a clue where warrington is, but u cant go wrong with r-tec in st albans, they are the dons

New Poll