corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » setting up a wireless connection (laptop)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author setting up a wireless connection (laptop)
Jason

User status: Offline
7th Apr 04 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i share my own broadband connection (on my pc) with a laptop anywhere in the house?

whats all needed, list please cheers
drunkenfool

7th Apr 04 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 wireless PC cards set up in Ad Hoc (Peer to peer) mode, and the software to run both the cards. What operating system are you using? Windows has internet connection sharing built into it, so you can just set the desktop up as the gateway and set the laptop up to connect to the interent via a network, and that should work.
Jason

7th Apr 04 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xp at the mo
drunkenfool

7th Apr 04 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xp definately has ICS (internet conenction sharing) built into to, but ive forgotten where in the settings it is. I think it is under somehting like "set up new network connection" but definately dont quote me on that! Run that on the PC with the broadband connection and say you want other PCs to be able to access the net throgh that one, then on the other one, say you want to access the net through another PC. Try pressing F1 when you are on the main desktop, and search for ICS. Otherwise, a program like "winproxy" could help you
Jason

7th Apr 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers m8!
Dan B

7th Apr 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICS in WinXP:

Go into your Control Panel (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel), and into Network Connections. Depending on whether you connect using a broadband-modem or router, right-click on your ADSL connection (modem) or on Local Area Connection (router), and select Properties. Click on the "Advanced" tab, and voila, the option to share your connection with other computers on the network.
Greg_M

7th Apr 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you share the broadband connection, as in be on at same time on two computers?

New Poll