corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Internet question!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Internet question!
Mistamist

User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You never know, i have met a lot ov people at work who didnt know a lot about computers and i could see everytthingg they were doing, win VNC allows you to see wwhat they are doing, just need to type in their ip address and enter the password (whi i knew cos i set up vnc on all the pc's one night ) next day i just sat there and watched everyone skive off. it was impressive, also read some of the e-mails the manager was sending. Ahhh the life of a network administrator.
Nismo

31st Dec 03 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you run a 2K or NT network you dont even need to install VNC
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Dec 03 at 02:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IntaCepta
don't even think it would be possible to packet sniff, as she'll only be recieving 'her' packets and not your packets.

Unless its a switched network, every computer is able to see every packet although on reflection, your requests are on a different interface, you're sorted.
drunkenfool

31st Dec 03 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or set up remote admin on net meeting and scare them by taking control of their PCs.
drunkenfool

31st Dec 03 at 03:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remembered my sisters HI Fi was connected to a PC in the study so she could play my MP3s. but i installed Netmeeting on it, so i could turn music on in her room from mine, that scared her too!
Dan B

31st Dec 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I scared the hell out of one of the lads where I used to work, by having RAdmin Server set up on a test-bed machine, and RAdmin Client on mine.

Asked him to test something on the machine (which was behind him, I was at the other end of the office). Had everything prepared.

He turned round to test it, I restored the WordPad window and pasted the contents of the clipboard repeatedly down the screen: The Matrix has you...

He jumped back from the computer, was hilarious!

Anyway, NTL do a 1Mbps service, that should be fine for sharing two computers (if you're only going to be browsing and on MSN, 150kbps should be fine, but if your sister is paying the difference, go for the 1Mbps)!

Sharing, not a problem, can be done in quite a few ways, as explained above......I used to use my machine as a gateway (with an ADSL modem), but am now using a router......if you can afford it, go for a Cable Router (amongst other things, this will be slightly more secure, as the only "public" IP address will be the router, with both your machine and your sister's on private address that aren't directly accessible from outside (ie. the rest of the internet)).
CORSA NUT

31st Dec 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another problem

What if i have to get a new computer before this happens? The thing is it will be a laptop! Does this affect anything? What else do i need?
groom

31st Dec 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem ^^
CORSA NUT

31st Dec 03 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

31st Dec 03 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- CorsaNut just wanted a simple answer guys - instead you all go quoting your jargon to prove who knows most... whats the point - you've just confused corsa nut

you can share any connection, 56k, your 150k it doesn't matter. No real need to upgrade your connection unless you wish to as 150k for general internet sharing is fine.

No - she wont see what your doing, there are ways of doing this (in some scenerios) but she wont be able to do it, and you need software that she wont have.

Finally, just network the 2 pcs up - and use one to connect to the net with, then let them share the connection.

CORSA NUT

31st Dec 03 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they did go off a bit mate!

Cheers Paul,i'm getting the 1 meg only because i wont be paying for it!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll