corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » front components wiring to amp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author front components wiring to amp
Tom N

User status: Offline
17th Mar 04 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just got some new jbl front components for my corsa b and i have had to fit speaker adapters on the woofer part. the speakers now hit on the door pocket cover on the grille part. is it easy to make a kind of pod to replace the grille part and retain the door pocket? also how hard is it to feed the wires from the door through the grommet to my amp? i currently have the original front speaker wires running into the crossover, so if i just run a wire from the crossover to the amp they should run much better?

sorry for all the questions, i am grateful for any help given!
mwg

18th Mar 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know how to solve speakers hitting door pocket cos they shouldnt if u have bought the right adaptor!

The multi-plug socket from the car to the door is a pain in the arse so what Im going to do is drill hole just above the multi-plug, put a grommet in the hole, feed the speaker cable through and cable tie to the existing wiring so it doesnt get trapped and split when the door closes. Then drill another hole in the door above multi-plug, put a grommet in etc. etc.

Much easier than trying to wire into the multi-plug IMO but I havent done it yet so not sure exactly how easy it will be!!!
penfold82

19th Mar 04 at 03:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had that prob with mine nomatter what i did, even when i built my own. In the end i just bought kenwood dualmags for the thin magnets.

Building pods as we speak to stick some nice fat bastards in.
Tom N

19th Mar 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the ideas, i think i may have to build my own speaker pods. penfold, what are you doing about yours? i ideally want to keep my door pockets, but just cut out the grille and make a pod to go there along with my crossovers
romeo t

19th Mar 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put a couple of washers behind the door pocket at the speaker end to push it out.....

New Poll