corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is Rockford Fosgate a good make? (ICE)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is Rockford Fosgate a good make? (ICE)
Tim
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
15th May 03 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You basically want exactly the same wiring from batt --> amp(+ve) and you have from amp(gnd) --> chassis. Also it's worth really cleaning the chassis connection point and even soldering the connection on if you're dealing with that much current (enough to need 2 gauge wiring)...
berger

15th May 03 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This could be why my tweeters aren't too good as they are low down in the door. Any idea how to improve it. Should i put 4 5x7 and a amp on my parcel shelf and a vibe box thing?

Would this make a good soundsystem?
Richie

15th May 03 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye but when i use solder on the chassis it never joins!!! dunno why that is, got any ideas? i was considering using a blowtorch lol
Tim
Site Administrator

15th May 03 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't particularly like 5x7's or 6x9's...

To be honest if you don't have components in the front I'd get seperate MBQuart components for the front, then move your 6.5" 2 way to the back and get a vibe sub. Then buy a nice little 4 channel amp for all the internals and don't use the head unit amp (cos they're crap) and you'll be very happy me thinks....
Richie

15th May 03 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

berger only way you can improve it is to make a pod and angle the speaker, or get components. Amping them should help.

Anything in the parcel shelf and subs is a BAD idea because they both fight for airflow.
Tim
Site Administrator

15th May 03 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you need to get it real hot. Also need to take all grease off so the solder flows. All the heat will be taken right into the chassis. I remember soldering my cap terminals onto the 4 gauge was an arse cos it zapped all the heat away...

Just takes a while but it's better than just a nut holding it on... I mean it's not like noticable, just if ya gonna do a job then....
Richie

15th May 03 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mini angle grinder and blowtorch it is cheers tim
corsakiz

22nd Sep 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rockford Fosgate is the best make you can get for Amps and subwoofers. There sound quality beats every other competitor by miles.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Sep 06 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

posted on 15-05-2003 at 00:03

[Edited on 22-09-2006 by robmarriott]
Jambo

22nd Sep 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrighty

22nd Sep 06 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is Rockford Fosgate a good make? (ICE) 23 database queries in 0.0252931 seconds