corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Some Amp Related Questions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some Amp Related Questions...
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
5th Aug 03 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I've got some more really basic questions that I need answers to!

Any help would be really appreciated:

1) My amp is 4x50w RMS at 4ohms. I plan to amp my front components and my rear shelf speakers. The components are 90w RMS however my rear speakers are only 120w peak, 30w RMS - does this mean they will blow? I plan to upgrade them in the future anyway, but wish to know now for the time being.

2) Is it ok to run the amp remote lead and the CD changer control lead along the side of RCA cables? or would they be better suited to being next to the amp's power wire?

3) I am looking at buying the Autoleads amp-wiring kit. the amp is 450w max, so does this mean I need the 600w MAX version or will the 300w max version be ok?

4) The wiring kit is for a 2 channel amp, so as well as needing more speaker wire, will I also need another RCA cable - ie will I need 2 RCA cables to go from the HU to the rear?

Thanks for any answers!
AdiSRI

5th Aug 03 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) Your amp should allow u to adjust the gain on front /rear channels independantly so if u need to u can just run the rears 'quieter' to avoid any distortion. But it should be ok, they wont blow.

2) Next To RCA's i'd say as u can buy RCA's with the remote lead in them.

3) Dont get an autoleads kit, buy a KnuKoncepts kit which is much better for a similar price at http://www.bladeice.com

4) Get the 4 channel kit from the site above! Better wire and fuses and its all 4 the 4 channel amp. It also comes with the RCA's that contain a remote lead! The wiring kits on there are a VERY GOOD BARGAIN!!!!

The 4 Gauge Kit is £50 all in
The 8 Gague Kit is £45 all in

If u are only running that amp u should be fine with the 8 gauge, but could always get the 4 gauge and run it in now to a power splitter like i am and future proof ureself for adding more amps later.
The splitter takes in a single 4 gague power/earth wire and allows u to run upto 4 8 gauge wires out of it so u would be set up for having upto 4 amps with little effort. Thats my reccomendation to u mate!

[Edited on 05-08-2003 by AdiSRI]
Mav 3000

5th Aug 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Adi thats excellent. Tidied up all my questions nicely!
AdiSRI

5th Aug 03 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs

New Poll