corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » large boot build

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author large boot build
chadjpr

User status: Offline
18th Oct 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinkin of taking out my back seats in my corsa b and fitting a nice big system, one problem im not too sure on the wiring side of things. im planning 3 subs, a pair of 8inch 3 ways, 2 amps, 2 caps and apair of 5 and a half inch components (for the front) will i need another battery or can i buy a bigger one for the front instead, if so wat size and how much and wat wiring will i need for all of this, any help much appriciated
chadjpr

19th Oct 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no-one know nothin got to be a trader some who can help PLEASE!!!
corb

19th Oct 03 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we get so many questions and threads like this that some of the time, can just not be arsed to answer the question. We, normally being: myself, AustinPXX, TOMAS, SNOWY and just recently Mr. PAINZ!!
TOMAS

19th Oct 03 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget the caps, run a split charged battery. Caps are a waste of time.
Dom

19th Oct 03 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mate, go for a optima(?) yellow top (or better) in ya boot, then buy a split charge system for both your battery upfront and the one in ya boot I would also look into buying a bigger alt if your going into the 1000w's (RMS) range.
As for wiring, well it all depends on how much power your pushing out, but i would be looking at 2gauge(or lower) cable for the power /ground etc At the end of the day, if you lay in decent cable (0 gauge) etc then it allows for upgrades in the futures.
And caps, well if you can scrap em'....but if you've got the money to burn then it wont hurt mate - allow two caps ?!? one should do you find. But spend most of your cash towards getting a split charging system going and wiring (plus ya gear) rather than spending it on flashy items such as caps and neon lights in the boot etc.
hope this helps mate
Dom
chadjpr

19th Oct 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help i can get started soon now
andy hirst

19th Oct 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forget the three ways, dont need em, put another set of comps there instead 6.5inch maybe!!
chadjpr

20th Oct 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair comment but these 3ways cost a few quid (to help a mate whose skint), he cant wait to see them in me car. QUESTION are they really that crap?(on top of this yes i do understand how gud 6.5inch components wud be)
Cursa

21st Oct 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard that it can be a good idea to fit the alternator from a diesel or a sport... they can do much bigger currents than your 1.2 8V one will.

New Poll