corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fogs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fogs
dig dave2811

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 03 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have fog light on me new bumper, and they are not wired in.
how do i wire them in. i am going to get the front fog switch that is usuall in the cars that already have front fogs.

i havea 1.2 8 valve swing (1994) people go on about the wiring loom for them but what does this mean, how do i check to see if i have the wiring loom in me car and if i do what does it mean.

do i need to buy a wiring kit from halfords or something.

chears
Rich-

2nd Jul 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got the wiring loom, there should be a connector in the dash where the switch would sit. There should also be a space in the fusebox for front fogs with the terminals in there to take a fuse, and there should be a space for a relay, again with the terminals to take a realy. And ofcourse, there will be two connectors either side of the front of the car, somewhere behind the bumper, not exactly sure where on a corsa thou'.

If you've not got the loom there, they are piss easy to wire in, if you want i can draw you a diagram.

Rich
dig dave2811

3rd Jul 03 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YEAH chears mate a diagram would be really helpfull.
BUCKETHEAD

3rd Jul 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a kit from halfords mate,£12 and it works for driving or fog lamps ,u get the relay,wires and the switch and instructions,i bought one for my last sport and it worked ace,bought one last night for my td too as ive got the same prob as u as ive just got a gsi bumper with the fogs already in,hope this helps
Rich-

3rd Jul 03 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One wiring diagram, as requested;

http://www.dieseldo.demon.co.uk/fogs1.jpg

All you do is take a feed from one (left or right) of the side light wires behind the switch, run it to the switch to turn yours fogs on/off (By law, you can only have fogs on when your main lights are on (sidelights are on when dip beam is on, btw))
Then run a wire from your fog switch into the engine bay (only one wire to run through the bulkhead nice n' simple) and connect it to one side of the realy coil (Pins 85 or 86) and earth the other side of the realy coil (Pin 85/86). Thus when your side/dip lights are on, and you press the fog switch the relay will be energised.
Run a wire from the battery (wire that can handle 17A will be fine) through a 15A fuse, to one side of the relay. From the other side, run a wire to the bumper and 'Y' it to each of the fogs. The earth each of the fogs to the body somewhere.
This will be fine for running 55w bulb in your fogs.

Hope this helps,

Rich
dig dave2811

3rd Jul 03 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CHEARS MATE thats great i havnt checked yet but what do i do if i have the wiring loom in my car?
Rich-

3rd Jul 03 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got the loom, all you need to do is get the switch + plug it into place in the dash, fit the fuse into its slot, fit the relay into its slot, then find the wiring behind the bumper and wire that to your fogs.
Then it should all work like vauxhall intended, but even if you haven't got the loom, it really isn't difficult to wire it up.

Rich
dig dave2811

3rd Jul 03 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so when u have head lights on full, your fog;s will go off
Foz

4th Jul 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this halfords kit and can't get the fucker to work! i earthed it all, connected to sidelight and still no luck.
dig dave2811

4th Jul 03 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I AINT GONNA BOTHER CONECTING Them to the side lights, i dont see the point, thay aint gonna do anything
Rich-

4th Jul 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dig dave2811
so when u have head lights on full, your fog;s will go off

No, because when your dip/full beam is on, you sidelights are also on.

quote:
Originally posted by Foz
i have this halfords kit and can't get the fucker to work! i earthed it all, connected to sidelight and still no luck.

Then I would guess you've got it wired up wrong, or there are no bulbs in the fogs or something like that.

quote:
Originally posted by dig dave2811
I AINT GONNA BOTHER CONECTING Them to the side lights, i dont see the point, thay aint gonna do anything

I only drew the diagram with them connected to the sidelights because, by law, front, and rear for that matter, fogs must only be able to be turned on when your headlights are on.

Rich
BUCKETHEAD

4th Jul 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kits a doddle foz ,hardest bit is getting the bloody wire thru from the engine bay

New Poll