corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What Next (C16XE)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What Next (C16XE)
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
30th Dec 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right when my car come back from getting fixed from my smash (febuary) it like gonna take 2 months to fix !!!! + i am getting them to smooth the boot, i wanna carry on tuning my C16XE engine,
So far i have a fully re-built engine, only did 100miles before the smash still running in, over sized pistons, lightened and balanced etc, stage 2 ported and polished head, Mantzel Power Box, Viper pipercross induction kit, Lexmaul Manifold (cheers donna and daimo), Arp rod bolts, cat back magnex exhaust, Magnecore competition leads, Spitfire plugs,
WHAT NEXT?????
Been thinkin about a chip, possibly Superchip to up the rev limit and my budget cannot streach to a unichip and i wanna keep the manzel and not go for throttle bodies YET,
There aint allot to do really with out a chip, i dont think cams will make that much of a difference with standard injection and ECU i want it to still be drivable i do 40miles a day in stop start traffic to get to work
cheers
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you had it on the rollers?
Just save for the TBs mate
Greasemonkey

30th Dec 03 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not yet matey, i plan to do that in the new year when i maybe get the superchip, they will put the car on the rollers when it fitted at Graham Goode in Leicester
I am hoping for about 140BHP
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got the suspension/ brakes etc set up how you want? Perhaps divert a bit of funds to the handling
LukeGSi

30th Dec 03 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NOS mate!!!!! Its the way 4ward!!!
Anton2K3

30th Dec 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a de-cat pipe...u wont b gettin anythin like full potential from inlet manifold and exhaust manifold if the cat is still on it...let it breathe!
AJBek

30th Dec 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about aftermarket management mate, I know it is expensive (400 ECU, 300 loom plus a map if it is the SBD MBE kit) but the advantage is that you won't have to bin it when you go for TBs like you would any other chips and the throttle response is better then any other set up. The cold start "problem" is nothing major, my car starts and idles fine even in this cold weather now it is set up correctly. If TBs are your final target this is the only way to go, you are better saving up than wasting £300 on a chip you will have no use for later on.
BeArDy

30th Dec 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read Andy spec on his 1.6 running 215bhp and just make it your tick list
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

214 - hes always exaggerating
Greasemonkey

30th Dec 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i got full shox and springs kit lowered 60mm, had all new bushes put in so handling is tight, got 20groove Red dot disks that will do for the mean time
HHHMMM wish i had gone the throttle body route now, i will have to have a think about this one
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im tempted by the mantzel box but ultimately i want tbs
i know people who have gone in stages (mantzel first then sbd164) and regretted it
from a cash point of view I can see the logic though on the other hand if you are getting a loan you might as well spend the 2ish grand straight off
and not think "what if"
Greasemonkey

30th Dec 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already ow 16K to the bank 6K of that being spent on me car this year!!!!, the rest i bought the car with and blew when i went through a bad spell in life carnt arrofd to borrow any more and they wont let me!!!!!!!!
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh - in that case id put the tbs on ice!
Fortunately I dont owe a bean so my options are fairly open
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did the rebuild (less manifold) cost out of interest?
Greasemonkey

30th Dec 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havnt had the bill yet!!!!, not for the labour anyway, so far the parts for it have been charged to me at just over £500 the labour will get paid when the work is finished, engine was a little smokey so its going back to be finished then i will get the final bill i am expecting it to be around £1400 that will include porting and polishing, lightening balancing
or parts and the regrind of the crank
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not cheap then
motorsportdirect were selling a brand new X16XE for £900 a few months ago. Had literally 0 miles
Suppose if the internals are uprated then its worth the £££
Greasemonkey

30th Dec 03 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a good price, when i was having the rebuild the guy who did it is friends with the local parts company and they bought in 12 complete C16XE engines brand new, a week before i had my rebuild he sold the last one for £600 cos he couldnt shift them, they never used to sell complete engines every one always wanted the heads!!!
So if that hadnt gone i would have had it, gonna get the car on the rollers and see if it was worth it, in my opinion when i did drive the car it didnt seem quick at all so will probably end up putting out 100BHP knowing my luck, but i did race a 106 GTI and whooped him, that why the cars smoking i was bouncing it off the rev limiter after just 50miles, stupid thing to do but my mechanic is gonna fix it for no extra charge as he thinks its his fault, i just couldnt resist

LOL im a twat sometimes
Bennn

30th Dec 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brand new C16XEs?? Wonder where they had been
Andy

30th Dec 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alan is right - save for a standlone ECU and forget a Superchip (which will do fcuk all anyway). With a mappable ECU, you can map for your current state of tuning to release more power, torque and driveability, and then if/when you get TB's, you've already got the ECU ready and waiting.

New Poll