corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Inlet Manifolds whos best??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inlet Manifolds whos best??
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 04 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what would be safe with ARP's fitted
ffls

22nd Jan 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Until 8000 rpm with stock pistons
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jan 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thisis the differnce between two GSi's one with dbalis the other without

burt16v

22nd Jan 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuk thats about 130bhp well impressed is that with the engine re-mapped and fuel increased too, or an exhaust system?

burt16v
ffls

22nd Jan 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to increase fuel pressure because more air is going in...
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

22nd Jan 04 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a Velos plenum, ARP rod bolts, Unichip, Unichip Rev Limit Unit - 7500rpm (Came off after a few weeks as it caused problems with my ECU), Janspeed de-cat and pipercross cone on a 1.6 sport.
No other engine mods at time but later had and 7800rpm limit (when running on DTA), was also going to put on an FSE boost valve as was slightly lean over 7000rpm.

If i was to do it all again, depending on cash id personally go for either
1, a torque tube, drilled air box + de-cat or
2, throttle boddies, dta and everything else on velos' 1650cc 197bhp engine.

[Edited on 22-01-2004 by Wolf In Welsh Clothing]
burt16v

23rd Jan 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u take the velos plenumand unichip off then mate after it started fkn wit the ecu?
i think i'll just go for full system tip to toe with no cat, a drilled airbox with home made cold air feed feed into it and the tube torque. then eventually chip it and set the limiter to about 7000 as i dont wana have it revvin to high in case i wreck it or becomes unreliable.
Hopefully that should se me up over 130bhp maybe close to 140?

Burt
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

23rd Jan 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the rev limit unit messed up i took just the rev unit off, still ran with the unichip and plenum without problems.
It didn't cause any engine parts to break, just used too confuse the ECU.
With ARP bolts my engine used to hit 7500rpm several times every day for at least 6months without breaking out, got the cam belt changed every 20000 and not 40000miles though and changed the oil + filter every 6000.
After a while i decided i wanted my high rev limit back so sold the unichip, took the standard ecu out and got the DTA fitted and mapped!
The raised rev limit makes as much difference (in my opinion) as changing the inlet as you dont change gear until a few seconds later gaining several yards in a race!
Ive still got the unichip rev limit unit in me garage, not that its of much use 2 me.
Also got me DTA still as i sold the corsa as standard last week, sold the plenum on to a mate.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll