corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust inlet manifolds???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust inlet manifolds???
Joel

User status: Offline
4th Jun 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been told that the exhaust inlet manifold on my 1.4 16V corsa sport is a peice of crap that will sap loads of my engines power. ive been looking round but im not sure wot the hell im looking for any more! are inlet manifolds the same as power boxes(mantzel) and ram inducyion kits(lexmaul)? or are they different things all together?? if any one knows or has one let me no! cheers.
Adam

4th Jun 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no such thing as an inlet exhaust manifold, inlet is for the air coming into the engine, exhaust is the other side of the head

manzel and lexmaul do in;et manifolds to replace the standard inlet, worth quite a bit of power if matched up to a decent exhaust.
Joel

4th Jun 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so wots the difference between a power box and an exhaust manifold?
Adam

4th Jun 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=70625
Adam

4th Jun 03 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the power box replaces the inlet manifold
Joel

4th Jun 03 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that matey, i was getin seriously confused,
Gary GSi

4th Jun 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best thing you can do is get a mantzel powerbox inlet from say Courtenay sport and for exhaust manifold it depends how much you want to spend. Janspeed do a cheapish one for about £180 but it is not stainless steel. Or you could get a stainless Lexmaul one for £334. With both manifolds changed you will get at least an extra 25 BHP and a decent low and mid torque gain and your engine will want to rev more. Get a chip next and it set up on the rollers and your laughing

New Poll