corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » people with new/better inlet manifolds!!???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author people with new/better inlet manifolds!!???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
9th May 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a C16xe Gsi..and i want to get the Mantzel powerbox, which comes with a lower inlet manifold which the X16XE already has apparently??

will the full mantzel powerbox kit for the C16xe fit the X16xe???

whats the difference between the one for the C16XE and the X16XE??

im asking this because i may need a engine conversion as my engine has bad oil consumtion problems and may need a full rebuild!! and instead i may aswell get a another engine put in! which is likely to be a X16XE as C16Xe is rare to find
Anton2K3

9th May 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a velos torque tube
http://www.velosmotorsport.co.uk/
Mucho cheaper, and just as good.
Fraser Young

9th May 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it will fit, the one for the C16xe is more expensive as it includes a new lower part of the manifold (as found on an x16xe)
MoNkEy MaGiC

11th May 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if i bought Mantzel inlet for the X16xe and got the lower inlet manifold of another X16xe corsa from the scrappy i would save myself about £100 and it will still all fully fit fine on my C16xe engine right??
broster
Premium Member

11th May 04 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes ur right there. the manzel works better on the c16xe than the velso, by about 3bhp, on the x16xe they are the same.
Greasemonkey

11th May 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is one issue though, the X16XE manifold has the EGR ports on them which aint used on the C16XE when ya buy the kit ya get a blanking plate and gasket to block off this port its star shaped, bet courtney would sell ya one cheap though and the gasket is just a standard one, alternatively make one, there are a couple of differences on the actual power box, but these also can be bought seperate i bet and are only small, the X16XE requires another outlet from the box im sure so ya get a brass screw in plug to block this, it can be done but make sure ya got all the bits first
MoNkEy MaGiC

12th May 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmmm im not sure what to do, well if it can deffinatly fit both engines easily without hassle then i may just get the one with out the manifold...

but then again i cant be arsed with all the hassle so i may jus buy the Gsi one...

"Monkey" what suspension kit have ya got on your car??? looks nice and pretty low on those 17"s
broster
Premium Member

12th May 04 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taken from his profile Apex Shox -60mm G-max Springs
Greasemonkey

12th May 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah man its low, did ya see the pics of the east mids meet, car look aight in them pics, I got Apex shortened shox with 60mm G-max springs
Greasemonkey

12th May 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\ as he said, my mantzel will be for sale in the next 2 weeks im ordering TB's friday, hehe
broster
Premium Member

12th May 04 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
/\ as he said, my mantzel will be for sale in the next 2 weeks im ordering TB's friday, hehe

mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 12-05-2004 by broster]

New Poll