corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » can i run u3 amps with out a powercap?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can i run u3 amps with out a powercap?
DODG-E

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

600w alpine V12 for sub
100x4 JVC

and i was thinkin of putting in a 2x100 blaupunkt

would i need a powercap? or would it be ok?
Dan
Premium Member

23rd Jul 03 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power isnt nesserceray imo

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Corsa^Dan

23rd Jul 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would b ok
JayC

23rd Jul 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be ok but won't have the power they need. Get a power cap in there, it's the cheapest option b4 you upgrade ur Battery and Alt.
Richie

24th Jul 03 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Jay, like iive said in the past a power cap is the finishing touch in most cases to smooth everything out.

The most effective option is to get an uprated battery and to upgrade the chassis ground.
If you got the pocket for it, get an Optima Yellow top, that will be all you need for your amps.

If your pocket can only handle the same price as a power cap (generally 100 quid) then get an Optima Orange Top. I picked my brothers up for 95 quid. He's running an old JBL audio system that came with the car, and it helped a great deal. When running with the engine off the battery is putting out around 13 - 13.5 volts.

[Edited on 24-07-2003 by AustinPXX]
JayC

25th Jul 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok Austin but it's always chaper to buy a CAP first and it's just as effective.
Richie

26th Jul 03 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its not just as effective. The cap stores power and only delivers the extra power when its called for, meaning that if the power isnt there in the first place, the cap is gonna keep delivering its power and then keep recharging, so in fact is causing somewhat of a strain on the system. It occured with me, ive learnt from experience that caps are NOT the solution for constant supply of decent power.

New Poll