corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Radio Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Radio Problems
richardostreet

User status: Offline
9th Jun 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we brought the car it came with a goodmans after market cd player. The problem is that the previous owner or whoever fitted the bummin thing has wired it into the ignition so when the car is turned off the radio resets. Its nothing fancy but i would still like to get it working properly before i put a BIG head unit in!! there is only two sets of wires to the back of the head unit. One large black wire (the aireal i presume) and then a group of loads of wires. any ideas of how i can wire it so that it is on a constant supply rather than wired into the ignition!!??

Bit of an odd question really and i am a major novice!!!

cheers Rich
vauxtillidie

9th Jun 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ummmm have the wires been cut or is it just the standard connector?
Black Corsa SRi

9th Jun 03 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say maybe someone forgot to wire up the contant postive, and just wired the switched positive. So when u turn off the igntion the CD player has no power so looses its memory. They could also have wired these two wies the wrong way round too! I've seen that done before! I cant for the life of me rember what colurs the wires are though! They're in the ISO connector though (the big group of leads) if u went to halofrds or somewhere and had a look at one it usually tells u the colour coding o the back of the pack
Mikorsa16v

9th Jun 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yellow wire to red and red to yellow, sorted
BabyBlade

9th Jun 03 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember which colour wire it is now but, why not get a circuit tester and put the one probe on an earth somewhere, and the other one on each wire coming from the cars wire until u find a permanent live. from there connect a wire from this live to each wire on the headunit switching it off each time until u find the one that keeps the settings? btw this cud be dangerous!!! got a feeling u might blow a fuse or a few sparks, wasnt so risky when i did it cos i knew which wire it was from the headset, good luck tho
matt_jonesuk

9th Jun 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i worked it out with a AVO meter constant always shows power obviously...... easy enough to do.
richardostreet

9th Jun 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheer to all ure replays ure a bunch of stars i am so happy i have found this message board because everyone is so helpfull!!! cheers every1!!!!!

richard
Black Corsa SRi

9th Jun 03 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt_jonesuk
i worked it out with a AVO meter constant always shows power obviously...... easy enough to do.

AVO meters! Classic test equipment!

New Poll