corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CD Player Installation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CD Player Installation
LiviLion

User status: Offline
13th Mar 03 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

I'm looking to replace the CAR 300 radio cassette player in the corsa with a single CD player.

Not wanting to spend a great amount ( < 150 if poss) and I will initially use the existing speakers.

Anyone got any recommendations what to buy and do I need to buy any special leads to connect it all up?

LL
SteveW

13th Mar 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need an ISO connector. These are around £10 (from Halfords) other than that a CD player for £150 eeeerrrrrrmmmmm Have a look on

www.cel-direct.co.uk or .com cant remember

www.thezeb.com

steve.
LoudandProud

13th Mar 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.com have good deal sometimes m8
Jamie @ SAS

13th Mar 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An ISO connector?

For a car which is already on ISO?

An Alpine CDE-7860 retails for approx. £180 but you can usually get it for £150-160. It's not overflowing in spec, i.e No Changer control. But it's a nice place to start and to get familiar with the excellent Alpine setup.
LiviLion

13th Mar 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, car audio direct have the 7860 for 143.99 inc vat & delivery. Tempting. They also have the CDM-7871R for 159.99 inc vat & delivery which might be worth the extra in the long term.

LL
sykesy

13th Mar 03 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem last week, the most trouble was getting the car 300 radio from out my car, first u take the small grub screws out with an alan key then i recomend getting a radio key from halfords (cost about £2.50) then put them in the four holes and pull and the radio should just pop out, the rest is simple! i put he alpine 7874 in.. very nice
Jamie @ SAS

13th Mar 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To pull the cage out you'll need an 8mm socket the remove the bolt at the back.

Go for the 7871R, for the extra it's worth it.
LiviLion

14th Mar 03 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already had the 300 out as the wife's Astra SXi came with the 400 and we opted for a CD player with it and we got the car 400 to keep as well. In the box was the radio pull out things and I already had a suitable allan key.

My plan was to put the 400 in until I get a CD player for it.

So no problems there then.

I didn't need to remove any bolts at the back either.

LL
DaveC

17th Mar 03 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u didn't need to remove any bolts because you didn't remove the cage.... u will need to remove the cage to fit an aftermarket headunit
kraiggy

24th Mar 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem last week as i removed my sc 201, the cage seemed tricky but i went to halfords and someone i knows works there and he took the original cage out for me its allways worth going down there and asking if they will go out to ure car and have a look, i orderd my new head unit of car audio direct, came sooner than i expected, next day, and also had a budget of 150 so opted for Pioneer DEH-P3500MP its pretty sweet and works a treat, but if u can afford it go with the alpine, looks better

New Poll