corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is it possible to adjust the travel on the brake pedal?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is it possible to adjust the travel on the brake pedal?
vauxtillidie

User status: Offline
18th May 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know it can be done on the nova's as ppl sometimes need to do so when fitting astra 16v brakes but ive fitted these to my 1.2 8v corsa recently and there seems to be more travel on the pedal and the brakes dont seem that brill like everyone ses they are, someone suggested its just got too much travel on the pedal, if so can it be adjusted or is it somethin else completely. ive bleeded the whole brake system bout 5 times and felt the same after each time i did it so im pretty sure all the airs out of there

any help much appreciated

Chris
Kris TD

18th May 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you bleed just the fronts or all four?

are the self adjusters on the rear drums working properly? if not this causes the pedal to travel alot futher.
vauxtillidie

18th May 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep bled all four corners, not sure bout the self adjusters, is that the thing that needs adjustin when u lower it and ur rear wheels lock up?
ainsley_brader

19th May 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the pedal feel better with the handbrake on?

How did you bleed it? two man or one of those shitty pressure kits?
and-m

19th May 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you bled them in order I take it?
vauxtillidie

19th May 03 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh bled them in order, bled it the two man way bro was pressin the pedal while i opened the bleed nipple. not sure if the pedal feels better with the handbrake on or not to be honest. so ur thinkin it mite not be bled properly?
corsa c14se

20th May 03 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YOU CAN DO A TEST.WITH THE ENGINE SWITCHED OFF,PRESS THE PEDAL A FEW TIMES. IF YOU BLED THE SYSTEM PROPERLY THE PEDAL WILL START TO STIFFEN.I UPGRADED MY BRAKES TO 16v YESTERDAY.THE PEDAL DOES TRAVEL LONGER,BUT I GUESS IT IS TO BE EXPECTED.
vauxtillidie

20th May 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u pleased with urs then? i havent even noticed a difference from my standard ones yet
rob_watti

20th May 03 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

. if u want your brakes to work perfect bleed them from the passenger side rear wheel then the driver side rear wheel then the passenger side front wheel then the drivers side front wheel. if its still crap take off your rear drums and take the lip off the inside of them wi a file or hand grinder. then adjust the brakes up yourself because the self adjusters neva work 100%. that should do it. if not your brakeservo may b seized then u need a new one. oh and when your bleeding make sure u dont run out off fluid.
corsa c14se

21st May 03 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still take it easy on the brake as the disks&pads are new but I can see they are alot better than the old ones!
You'll have to press the pedal at least halfway-in to start braking hard though...

Make 100% sure your tank dont run out of fluid while you bleed the system because you'll have to start all over...It happened to me and its a f......!

New Poll