corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Big brake peeps please help!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Big brake peeps please help!
Donna Corsa GSi

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobby - This is very true. If you have ABS you can get air stuck in the system and the only way to rectify this is by using Tech 1. I think this is because the only way you can bled the system properly is by making the ABS run which is what the Tech 1 does and then you can bleed the system properly. Or something like that anyway.
Nobby

12th Sep 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Donna. Thats pretty much how Jon described it to me, you just worded it more eloquently then I could.
Andy

12th Sep 03 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure the handbrake cable is nipped right up too. And Ed, if you're thinking about other kit, I'm running Wilwood Midilite 4-Pots and 285 discs. Eyeball sucking deceleration, very good pedal feel and the kit only costs a bit over £400 new.
Tom

12th Sep 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy andy andy!!

U got the car in at apreston yet?! been ages aint it!
Andy

12th Sep 03 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Tom! - Well touch wood, it looks as though I've finally got myself a 5-speed kit off Quaife (that's been the cause of delay). So hopefully, I'll be bringing it down next week and collecting it the week after. It's p1ssing me off not being able to use it during this fine weather - you watch the weather break as soon as I get the car back
Daimo B

12th Sep 03 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Donna Corsa GSi
Nobby - This is very true. If you have ABS you can get air stuck in the system and the only way to rectify this is by using Tech 1. I think this is because the only way you can bled the system properly is by making the ABS run which is what the Tech 1 does and then you can bleed the system properly. Or something like that anyway.

Pants again

This time i stand corrected
Ed Renshaw

12th Sep 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nobby
Ed, are you running ABS?

Iv'e spoken to Jon at Courtenays and he said that if you are running ABS with the V6 set up then you need to have the system bled using the Tech1 computer so it can be done with the actuator. Apparentley this will get the air out of your ABS system as well as the brake hoses.

If that does not make enough of a difference then you can preload the brake pedal to remove the slack in the linkage.

I really don't trust the monkey's at Vauxhall due to past experiences, but my m8 who does all my car related stuff hasn't got Tech 1!!! He's going to re-bleed it all tomorrow and hopefully adjust the pedal.

I will update tomorrow!
Ed Renshaw

13th Sep 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update - going Monday morning now!
Ed Renshaw

15th Sep 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted, at last!

There was some air in the system, which caused the problem.

I can really feel the beneift of the Goodridge braided hoses, as the big disc conversion really does feel like it should.

I suppose the learning from this is if you've got an oversize disc conversion, get a set of braided hoses while your at it!

Cheers to Pete @ PVD for sorting me out with the hoses
IntaCepta

15th Sep 03 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were the old hoses hard to get off?
i remember trying to help a mate out, and had a hard time with it.
Ed Renshaw

17th Sep 03 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IntaCepta - I don't know to be honest, I was lazy and got a m8 to do them! I will ask him though when I see him next.
luca2020

17th Sep 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dident read all the rplys, but heres my 2p:

ive got v6 calpars, disks and pads, with goodridge braided hose lines and dot 5.1 brake fluid

when they were first put on they did feel spongy, but after a while it begins to feel normal, or i may be getting used to it

i like them, i dident at first, but if u do push down hard enough they stop u dead on the spot

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll