corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake Fluid well Low!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake Fluid well Low!!
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my Gsi brake fluid is on minimum!!! the red light keeps comming on when i take corners fast or sharp!!! and i hav noticed the brake pedal goes down bit further to brake now!!
ive never changed the brake fluid before, is their a certain type i need?? do i just top it up??

stuyw

12th Sep 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just top it up m8
Gambit

12th Sep 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your brake pad wear first, as the brake pads wear down more fluid is need in the cylinder hence the level drops

also u mustn't mix brake fluid, most people use DOT4
MoNkEy MaGiC

12th Sep 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys,
so i need a brake fluid which is DOT4, and i just top it up right???

im not sure whats in their at the moment tho

but is this the best for my car? as i use the brakes quite heavily at times coz i drive in areas were theirs lots of national speed limits and at times i overdo it n need to break quite heavily???

think pads are ok coz had it serviced 2 months ago,but i have noticed that the front sqeak a little now
Daimo B

12th Sep 03 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dot 4 will be fine.

I'd say ur pads are knackard. Pistons ahve to be pushed out further, hence less fluid in the bottle as its down the pipes.

Check ur pads, and check ur discs as well. They may be on their way out if u drive it hard.

I wouldn't worry about topping up the fluid until u've checked these two.
MoNkEy MaGiC

12th Sep 03 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers guys,

i know the discs are fine, but i think the pads could be battered as they squeking now!!! will check it out.

thanks for help peeps
OzzySRi

12th Sep 03 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sqeaking/squealing may be to brake pad wear indicators. if the pads are low that'd explain the low fluid

New Poll