corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EBC Green Stuff brake pads, anyone??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EBC Green Stuff brake pads, anyone??
corsajoy

User status: Offline
9th Apr 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone with a Corsa B tell me if it really "feels" a difference on braking with the EBC Green Stuff Pads?

I currently have vented discs, so I'm looking for the best "everyday street use" pads.

Comments will be appreciated! CHEERS!
slate58

9th Apr 03 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got these pads with ebc drilled and grooved discs, there is a difference in braking but i think its mainly due to the discs as my m8 just has pads with standard discs and says their just the same.
Munchie

9th Apr 03 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard they wear away very easily?!
Kenni

9th Apr 03 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had mine on the car for 3 years. Still new like.

Not much difference to standard, just looks better and no brake dust, if you want proper good braking, go bigger.
Munchie

9th Apr 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok dat explains it....cheers kenni. i hate people who pollute me with wicked rumours lol
PanaceA

10th Apr 03 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main difference between green stuff pads and std pads is that green stuff pads can take alot more heat. Say your doing 100Mph and you have to brake as quick as possible, std pads would brake for a few seconds and then the temperature would cause brake fade. This is when the brakes get really hot (due to hard braking) and dispite how hard to push on the peddle your car will feel like its not braking. Also, if you use anything less than Dot4 brake fluid the fluid can also start to evaporate making your brakes feel spungy. Green stuff pads and Dot4 brake fluid are essential if you like to go fast every once and a while.
If ever you need new pads, just get green stuff rather than paying for std ones.
Cybermonkey

10th Apr 03 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually under heavy braking, the brake fluid just boils, not evaporates. I would also like to point out that with standard vent'd discs, you will not get much better than GM pads. Nothing special about Greenstuff really unless they are coupled to EBC discs too. GM stuff is pretty good as far as OE parts go. Just stick with GM, most on migweb swear by them. Also, it might be of use going for DOT 5.1 brake fluid if you are braking very heavily all the time.

Dave
Kris TD

10th Apr 03 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best of getting vaux pads and grooved discs, but for the same money you can get a 2l setup which will be much better .
John_C

10th Apr 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PanaceA
if you use anything less than Dot4 brake fluid the fluid can also start to evaporate making your brakes feel spungy.

i think ur talkin out of ur backside, if the fluid evaporated then over time u wouldn't have n e fluid left in the resevoir and u wouldn't brake at all

also no difference in braking with this set up apart from no brake dust. u can get a v6 setup 4 200 quid
PanaceA

10th Apr 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, I ment boil, not evaporate
Dot1, 2 and 3 all contaim alot of water so will biol when under heavy pressure. Dot4 doesn't and Dot5+ even more so.
Visionz

29th Oct 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wouldnt be very good if it evaporated off now would it - lol.

Cause how would the hydraulic fluid pressurise if it could evaportate off.
Joff

30th Oct 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont fit sport brake discs and pads expecting your car to be able to stop on a penny from 60mph.

All they will do is make your car brake a bit more efficiently with regards to brake cooling, etc. You might notice the pads wear a bit quicker if you have grooved discs - this will happen to ANY pad, not just EBC, etc.

If you want better brakes, fit bigger brakes.
If you want to make the most of the brakes you've got - uprate to EBC or similar.

New Poll