corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring The Sub/Amp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring The Sub/Amp
Voyto

User status: Offline
18th May 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i have the twin vibe box in my boot and the VP4 amp to go with it. bought my wiring kit today and i aint sure where to put all the wiring from the boot to the battery. is it easy enough to pull all the seats out and carpet then put the wiring under there?

also, how to you get the wires through the bulk head? will i need to drill or is there already a hole? looks pretty fiddley to me!

Post ya pics if you have any, thanks!
Fear

18th May 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need to take seats and carpet up just take the panel off on the door sill!!!!
Run the wire under your rear seat to the passenger side of the car then take the sill guard off and run it down there then find a rubber gromet just above where the carpet ends in the passengers footwell, make a small slit in that and then poke your cable through that, then just fuse and connect to the battery!!!!!

Hopefully that helps!!!!!
Voyto

18th May 03 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont that mean my RCA and power cables are together and therefore they will interfere? yes that is a help, ill go and look in the car now to see what u mean
Richie

18th May 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can run the power cables down one set of the sills (the left hand side which has all the vauxhall loom with it i think), and run the rca's down the other. What gauge cabling you using mate for ur vp4?
RichR
Premium Member

18th May 03 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its better if u take the seats out yes, then run power cable down the centre and through the 3"rubber gromit in the bulkhead, If u go to the trouble of removing the sill panels, the the seats have only got 2 bolts, so u mights well take them out ( I only needed to take out the passenger seat, took out the rearbench as well, as tis only 4 screws,

for the sake of 10/15 mins extra u mite as well do it, makes hte job far easier
Voyto

19th May 03 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure the guage of the cabling. I boght a £69.99 Q-Dos kit from halfords. Id sez the cables are 20mm or somethin. is that the guage?
Richie

19th May 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20mm would be 4 gauge i think
Voyto

19th May 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that good?

New Poll