corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content
corb

User status: Offline
1st Jul 20 at 03:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wanted a Dax, almost took the plunge years ago. What engine was in that? I wanted one with a Hayabusa turbo lump
JM_16v

1st Jul 20 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went out in Duncan Calpers Hayabusa Turbo Dax after he took me out in a 8.0 Cobra and the Dax was just the most amazing experience of my life and i dreamed of one, however 90% sure i would be dead in a week if i bought one. Mine was just a ZX12r Kawsaki Ninja 190bhp, approx 380bhp a tonne and that was fun enough for little old me.
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Jul 20 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jm

Looks flash that merc Agree that it seems a bit odd that they delete all the chrome but the badge stays the same.
Didnt realise it was an option though. Thought everyone that owned one just sprayed the badges

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Jul 20 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have spent the last few months thinking about chopping in the GT86 for something else. However I was lucky enough to have been given a free trackday at Brands Hatch the other week and have been reminded how much fun the car is. That combined with the current market uncertainties I might keep it until things settle down a bit. Selling a car currently will be a pig even if it did mean I could pick up a bargin.

It is more of less the complete package for my needs now, never going to set any lap records but the power vs grip it has now and the balance is more of less spot on for having alot of fun.

Might chuck on some slightly stiffer rear springs or a thicker rear antiroll bar to make it a tad more pointy but other then that I am happy with it.

[Edited on 04-07-2020 by gavin18787]

DaveyLC

6th Jul 20 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're down to one car, the idea is to wait for the market to settle then grab a bargain but having one car is proving to be a logistical complication so in a brief moment of pure insanity I bought the gayest car ever for £400:

And there is the proof that you CAN in fact polish a turd.
3CorsaMeal

6th Jul 20 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photoshop imo
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jul 20 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad for £400. Drop to summer car and all be sure to shout abuse back at any given

Are they just a golf underneath?

DaveyLC

6th Jul 20 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Not bad for £400. Drop to summer car and all be sure to shout abuse back at any given

Are they just a golf underneath?

A Mk4 golf in a badly fitting frock
SetH

6th Jul 20 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me I literally could not be seen in public in that, I expect builders would throw turds out of their transits at me

However for £400 its an interesting purchase!
kz

6th Jul 20 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold my R53 after 5 years - Will definitely miss that thing.

Bought an Astra VXR for what I think is cheap, £2,900 for a 2010 - Does have 115k on the clock though. Just so hard to find a standard example.

Just bought a house as well though which is closer to work so am probably going to be walking in. So the Astra might not last long! Managed to convince the missus a Mk7 GTI is a decent family car, so will probably end up with just that end of this year/beginning of next.

Really want an e-scooter too lol, hopefully they'll legalise them soon.
ShEp

6th Jul 20 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long time since I've posted..

Currently own an 8v S3 and a VW Caddy

Astra VXR killed Vauxhalls for me, owned mine 3 weeks and had EVERY common problem with it, never again...
Jake

9th Jul 20 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gavin do you have the civic aswell as a gt86?
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Jul 20 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
Gavin do you have the civic aswell as a gt86?

No that was sold a good few years back to someone on the isle of mann. It now resides as a hillclimb/sprint car

Miss that car

pow
Premium Member

14th Jul 20 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too. I remember driving it at trax :O:O
Nic Barnes

16th Jul 20 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Golf R
Ep3 Type R
Col004

22nd Jul 20 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow… Some familiar names on this post… I haven’t logged on to here in a very long time!!!

I do still have the old Corsa but it is going very soon to its new owner.

I’ll join in… Current motors for me.

Hope everyone is doing ok

[Edited on 22-07-2020 by Col004]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Jul 20 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some great cars on here and nice to see all of the old names cropping up. I forgot to have a look here for months. After logging in every day to hardly anything. Hope you are all doing well

I have a diesel Audi A3 S Line with roof rails (great for putting things on) and we also have an Eclipse Grey Mini Cooper S which is bloody brilliant car. Not a bad little family fleet. I want a Hyundai i30 N Performance quite a lot though.......

[Edited on 30-07-2020 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tiger

3rd Aug 20 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got myself a 2007, 1 owner Astra VXR
AlunJ

5th Aug 20 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naff all exciting. 2019 Fiesta ST-Line Ecoboost and a 2018 Yamaha MT-09SP. Wife has a CX-3.

[Edited on 05-08-2020 by AlunJ]
kz

5th Aug 20 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Got myself a 2007, 1 owner Astra VXR

Any plans?

Going to book in for exhaust and remap next month... my current exhaust is terrible; so boomy!
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 20 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
Naff all exciting. 2019 Fiesta ST-Line Ecoboost

I just had one of them as a rental on holiday, nice little thing I got on quite well with it.

Just wish Carplay worked over Bluetooth, bit of a pain in the ass plugging it in each time. That and losing network means you also lose nav. Would be nice if it degraded to offline maps somehow.
3CorsaMeal

10th Aug 20 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing i don't like about 3cylinder engines is the reviews all seem to mention the word "thrum" of the engine. Which loosely translates as shit rev
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Aug 20 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes nothing nice or sporty about that engine, you could tell you were in the shit one tarted up as soon as you revved it. 140 brake although it must be heavy because it was nowhere near as perky as the older ones which are less powerful.

6 speed box felt like it was geared for a million miles an hour as well.

Sounding like I didn't like it here just would have 4 cylinders and 5 speeds although I recognise that would make it a worse car on paper.
Andrew

5th Oct 20 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've now got a Mini Cooper and Japan import VW Touran. Misses still have the VRS.

The Mini is declared sorn at the moment.

I've taken a role working from home and handed back the company car.
pow
Premium Member

7th Oct 20 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why a Touran from Japan, not enough in this country?!

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content 23 database queries in 0.1973250 seconds