corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content
SetH

User status: Offline
8th Jan 21 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I picked up a Taycan 4S in November, very few photos of it as it's been filthy since I got it:

Jesus wept some of you guys are now owners of some serious motors, and it all started with a Corsa
Pete G

11th Jan 21 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long time since I last logged in or even posted, very few will remember me tho lol

Anyway..

Currently driving a 2009 blue Skoda Octavia VRs

Also have
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
1999 Suzuki Hayabusa
1979 Honda CB900
JM_16v

12th Jan 21 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats beautiful, my dream car Taycan.
SetH

16th Jan 21 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sassyminx is driving a 2003 Vauxhall Zafira in Silver with broken rear wiper and indicators.
ed

19th Jan 21 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marginally better photo of it - at least you can see the wheels in this one

Still filthy, can't bring myself to clean it in the snow and rain!
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Jan 21 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What else

[Edited on 19-01-2021 by Jason x]
SetH

19th Jan 21 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we go dogging in that please and find a bird like sassyminx?
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Jan 21 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Marginally better photo of it - at least you can see the wheels in this one

Still filthy, can't bring myself to clean it in the snow and rain!

Some nice irony of it been snapped at a filling pump too

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Jan 21 at 06:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you reckon Saxo Sports Club has electric Porsches
SetH

20th Jan 21 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had forgotten about SSC, were we not at war with them in the early 00's
ed

20th Jan 21 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who remembers the April Fools where Ian/Tim pretended that this forum had been sold off to SSC?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Jan 21 at 02:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

28th Jan 21 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Porsche have no more V8 engines and are telling UK customers its around a year delay.

But the dealer has a nice one in stock, with more options, so collect it saturday. Needs to go back when they have the 22" wheels in stock as its got the standard 21"s which look lame.

Looking forward to sub 20mpg Glad its the wife filling it up.
jrsteeve

31st Jan 21 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't work out how to spaff a photo on but a RR p400e vogue. Bit quicker than my 1.0 pea shooter.
SetH

2nd Feb 21 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Who remembers the April Fools where Ian/Tim pretended that this forum had been sold off to SSC?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/we1come.php
corb

5th Feb 21 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Tim who?!
SetH

5th Feb 21 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The code for the entity known as 'Tim' was lost during early iterations of the Matrix.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Feb 21 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone, just checked, last i was on here was over 2 years ago

lots changed since then, had a baby girl, on course for a house purchase in the coming months

current drives;
first one is a bit sad as my Dad passed away nearly 2 years to the day this weekend, but left me his trusty E90 BMW 320d, still going strong as the family workhorse over 140k miles and does the job

current daily to get to work is boring 69plate Polo 1.5 diesel company car but i see it as a box to get to work and back, cheap fuel and bit of tax and work covers the rest, did has a nice Scirocco but had to give that back when the baby was on the way

soon as the house is sorted will be on the look out for a new track toy as there is bit of cash aside burning a hole in my pocket, watch this space

good to see a few familiar names still knocking around on here
Nic Barnes

16th Mar 21 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling my Astra gsi so now on the lookout for something else.
johnny86
Premium Member

20th Mar 21 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only got the only e60 m5 manual in the uk haha
Neo

20th Mar 21 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The x4 wasn't getting driven, I did 1000 miles in it in 9 months and I just wasn't finding any enjoyment in it for the quick blast to the shops and back each week. Don't get me wrong, it was a very capable car, but not special or weird enough to be enjoyable just hopping in it.

Put the advert up on the Tuesday, sold on the Wednesday, surprisingly I sold it for more than I bought it for by a decent margin so decided to use the "profit" to get a run around. Looked at a few random cars, corsa vxr, e46 330ci, mazda 3mps, but in the end settled for an Audi TT. It was local and listed very cheaply, and with a little haggling was very very cheap

Reckon even after a full service, timing belt and waterpump, induction kit and remap, I should still have change from 4k. Proper bargain motoring for the summer.

Once the world normalises a bit I'll reassess, but for now, it's liberating having a cheap shit car that can be thoroughly abused
pow
Premium Member

22nd Mar 21 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are you doing 1000 miles in 9 months lol, I'm still on for 20k this year.
Neo

23rd Mar 21 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We only managed one trip over your way back in the summer last year, been to the office 3 or 4 times, otherwise, it's just been up the shops and back. Also been driving Becky's car to keep it running (that's only done 791 miles since August 2019 !).

Hoping once we come out of lockdown can go and do family things with the sprog and give the bmax some abuse
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Mar 21 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car had mot in October... Its done 1200 miles since

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SetH

30th Mar 21 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold the S4, it was just a point and squirt weapon with 480bhp you'd reach licence loosing speeds within a few seconds of pressing the loud pedal. Required no skill to drive fast so very little reward. My M4 would try to kill you with little very little warning but with that came a lot of fun. I loved the supercharger whine and the absolute instant power the SC gave and was good to do a lot of the work myself in lockdown.

I have literally just gone and bought the absolute epitome of a hairdressers car (although to this day I still don't get that joke but I am braced for it from family and friends)

a MK2 TT 3.2 V6 roadster DSG, in dark grey with black leather, almost every factory xtra, BOSE, Mag Ride, Nav, the ultra rare 19's not sure the name of the rim style. its absolutely mint and only covered 82k with a solid history and immaculate MOT history. I figured after a year in lockdown I fancied some open air driving back and forwards to work/gym. With only 250bhp I am not going to risk my licence and I love the sound of that VR6. will probably fit a miltek non-res and leave it there. I looked at Z4's but only wanted the 3.0si could not find one anywhere, toyed with MX5's and saw a BBR tuned one but it sold quickly. Also toyed with leasing again as Golf GTi clubsports are a cracking deal right now but reluctant to commit to any kind of 3 year finance right now with so much uncertainty around. Markets don't go up in a straight line forever and I think a huge correction will catch a lot out. My Industry is quite market sensitive. I think long term i'll go back to an M car once things stabilise.

I expect I will sell the TT come winter probably at a loss. It's a mint car but not special enough to garage and keep, but lots of road trips planned in UK this summer so will fulfil its purpose over the net 6 months and be easier to attract cock.

[Edited on 30-03-2021 by SetH]

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content 23 database queries in 0.0159240 seconds