corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content
SetH

User status: Offline
30th Mar 21 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive kinda done a Neo basically but makes sense i guess.

TT HOMOS
Neo

31st Mar 21 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TT homos indeed Mark

I'd have preferred the 3.2 but this one came up at a garage about 2 miles up the road for peanuts so thought why not. Wasn't looking for anything in particular either.

I'm already thinking of when to sell, need to do some maintenance on it first, basic stuff like brakes and plugs etc. I'm really not gelling with the driving style, think a 440i or m4 might be on the cards, or perhaps an 8...or I just grow some big boy balls and get a GTR as I've always wanted

Also lol at attracting cock, thought you were heffer King
SetH

1st Apr 21 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
TT homos indeed Mark

I'd have preferred the 3.2 but this one came up at a garage about 2 miles up the road for peanuts so thought why not. Wasn't looking for anything in particular either.

I'm already thinking of when to sell, need to do some maintenance on it first, basic stuff like brakes and plugs etc. I'm really not gelling with the driving style, think a 440i or m4 might be on the cards, or perhaps an 8...or I just grow some big boy balls and get a GTR as I've always wanted

Also lol at attracting cock, thought you were heffer King

Is yours the 2.0 TFSI? FWD? manual or DSG?

Although to be honest the haldex cars drive like a FWD car 90% of the time. The permanent AWD on my S4 had a very different feel, especially with the optional sports diff. It had a very lively tail for an Audi. I had a Mk2 TT coupe back in 2012 I think, I am not expecting a great driving experience this time around now that I have been spoiled with the likes of an M4. I would have held out for a manual Z4 if I really wanted to 'drive', the TT ticks the boxes for a summer daily and weekend drives to the coast.

What are you finding hard about the driving experience? the fact it feels like any other VAG product based on that chassis?

If you got it really cheap, and give it a good pre-sale detail/paint correct if needs be you will probably make your money back at the very least when you sell.

As for Heffers I can't get near them if I tried it's always the same old story, they assume I want a gym bunny just because I'm a gym rat... ohh Im sorry I am not a HEFFER male I did not know it worked like that FFS. So im disgusted to say the current female and the last 2 have all been of PERT and regular gym goers. I am a disappointment to the cause that is HEFFER

As for cock, well picture me on the way to the gym in muh vest, bald head glistening in the sunlight, roof down on the TT... It screams I LOVE COCK no?
Neo

2nd Apr 21 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is a 2.0 FWD with the earlier ea118 200hp engine and fartbox. I think I've been so used to rwd/awd that I'm hitting limits so quickly and finding it extremely uncapable and unsatisfying.

I was going through a series of roundabouts and kept washing out at half pace I'm used to. I need to really adapt my driving style and I think, although brand new, the budget tyres fitted probably aren't helping the experience. I'll give it a bit of time, but will probably end up putting it up on ebay for what I bought + what I've spent (new battery and cambelt and service) and it'll probably still be the cheapest one for sale.

I'd love to go for an M4, but worry it'll basically feel like a slightly more aggressive version of my old 435. Reckon though they must get to a point where the value with plateau and not lose value, or do you think the e92 m3 held value as it was the last of the v8's?

Also, I imagine the gyms will be filled with new meat when they reopen, ex pert will have piled on the lbs in lockdown, you'll have plenty to choose from if you can find a way doen from the mountains of cock you'll. Be climbing

[Edited on 02-04-2021 by Neo]
SetH

6th Apr 21 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Mine is a 2.0 FWD with the earlier ea118 200hp engine and fartbox. I think I've been so used to rwd/awd that I'm hitting limits so quickly and finding it extremely uncapable and unsatisfying.

I was going through a series of roundabouts and kept washing out at half pace I'm used to. I need to really adapt my driving style and I think, although brand new, the budget tyres fitted probably aren't helping the experience. I'll give it a bit of time, but will probably end up putting it up on ebay for what I bought + what I've spent (new battery and cambelt and service) and it'll probably still be the cheapest one for sale.

I'd love to go for an M4, but worry it'll basically feel like a slightly more aggressive version of my old 435. Reckon though they must get to a point where the value with plateau and not lose value, or do you think the e92 m3 held value as it was the last of the v8's?

Also, I imagine the gyms will be filled with new meat when they reopen, ex pert will have piled on the lbs in lockdown, you'll have plenty to choose from if you can find a way doen from the mountains of cock you'll. Be climbing

[Edited on 02-04-2021 by Neo]

I expect those budget tyres are really hampering things. You basically have a Mk5 Golf Gti chassis and I can remember back in the day that many journalists preferred the agility of the FWD 2.0 as opposed to the 3.2 which as you can imagine is probably more prone to understeer/washing out. Although saying that I went for the first proper drive yesterday and put the roadster through a few roundabouts, it was not as wobbly as I was expecting and fairly neutral. Can definitely feel the weight of it, although not as noticeable as my S4 which was the wrong side of 1700kg. I Think the 3.2 roadster is 1490kg, yours must be a lot less so not really a porker by todays standards.

With regards to comparing the M4 with a 435, if we are talking about the F series cars I feel I can give some input here. During my M4 ownership I had a 330D M Sport (F series) as a courtesy car for a couple of days. My first impression after dropping of the M4 and driving away in the 330D was how easy and effortless it was to drive. I would go as far as saying it was more pleasurable to drive when just grannying around town. The M4 imho is set up very aggressively from factory, it really is a scapel and has the most razor sharp front end I have ever experienced in a car. you can literally place it where you want with ease. However the compromise of this is that it constantly feels lively and needs steering inputs, the proper ///M rear axel with its LSD is also lively, and constantly moving around in a variety of driving situations. Aggression is certainly the word to use, it's like you are riding the back of an angry wasp, it certainly is a brilliant drivers car. I'd caveat that with the power delivery is not optimal, it will dump all its torque at very low rpm which causes traction issues and its not the best throttle response to try and modulate for those that say 'use your right foot as your TC'. This is perhaps why the E92 is held in such high regard with its V8 and power delivery.

So in conclusion, I expect an M4 will feel very, very different to your old 435i. If you drove them back to back I bet it would feel like night and day. Back in the day there would be pub talk about how a 330ci was 90% of an E46 M3, I never drove an E46 M3 but had a friend that went from a 330ci to and M3 and he said they were completely different beasts. We are now in a age of millions of 135/140/235/240i everywhere and perhaps many of those have not driven a full blooded M car and I expect they would be surprised out how differently they feel.

Hope that helps and I think a 435i to M4 is a notable step and not just more aggressive.
nathy_87

22nd Apr 21 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably a vehicle that most of you if not, all will dislike but it's a 2013 Nissan Juke Nismo. 1.6 Auto. Only put a sharkfin aerial on it. Looking at getting a backbox delete, and remap it.

Still cant figure out the [img] tool haha

https://www.flickr.com/photos/192895889@N08/shares/X2MSc2

[Edited on 22-04-2021 by nathy_87]
SetH

23rd Apr 21 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a rule I despise qashqai and Juke's particularly the former when an attempt is made to drive them at speed by daddy when he is on his own. I also see the ownership of a Qashqai as the moment a man accepts all fun and driver enjoyment has now left his life. Every 2nd car on the road is a qashqai, every 3rd car is a white van

However, that Nismo juke looks interesting, I can't not like the JDM ricer element of it
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Apr 21 at 01:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Juke is for when a Micra doesn't use up your full disability payment
DaveyLC

26th Apr 21 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

And you're under 5'8"
SetH

26th Apr 21 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Personal attack agaisnt mongoloids

\BANNED
Nic Barnes

8th May 21 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now driving a 54 plate Honda jazz
Daimo B

19th May 21 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Macan V6 engine was nice, gearbox was good but also very annoying for every day. Changed up too early, Sports then hung on too long, sport sport just sat at the top end all the time. Macan was good, but too small inside (Audi A4 size). Got about 24mpg

Cayenne V8, lovely, could do with a bit more go, but gearbox issues are gone and added torque really shows. Totally understand why customers kicked off about them binning the V8 for a V6 (and now back to a V8). Boot space isn't an issue anymore, its huge now. Getting about 18-20mpg, not too bad for a 2 tonne 2.0 V8 450bhp SUV. Rides nice, and brakes are good but you can really tell its weight, it doesn't feel like it wants to slow down, but press them hard and it stops ok.

Im still rolling around in my Toyota, which actually hasn't moved in 3 months now. Thus no point in getting myself something nice esp when I've got the wifes. In fact, not even ridden my race bike in 3 years now. Joys of children and no time

Ian
Site Administrator

20th May 21 at 01:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you say 2 litre V8? I'm against this concept on all levels.
Daimo B

20th May 21 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typo, 4.0 V8
SetH

20th May 21 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To this day I still feel a tingling in my willeh when I read comment from Daimo.
Daimo B

21st May 21 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Milky udder man
SetH

27th May 21 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Milky udder man

yes

anytime a CS member announced their missus was expecting everyone would congratulate them. I would ask for pics
nathy_87

1st Jun 21 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Even the Nismo?
Andrew

2nd Jun 21 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought myself a Mini Cooper D as i'm back doing the mileage again after lockdown. Can't be fucked getting tied into a company for a company car and being screwed over on tax/repairs.

Getting anywhere between 70 - 80mpg which for an old car i think is pretty decent.

Still got the Touran, wouldn't mind changing it for a Nisan Elgrand.

[Edited on 02-06-2021 by Andrew]
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 21 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stumbled across this little bargain..

Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jun 21 at 01:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please tell me that's a nice big petrol one
DaveyLC

7th Jun 21 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Please tell me that's a nice big petrol one

Nope but the next best thing.. 350 diesel..
Neo

29th Jul 21 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What in all hell is going on with car prices right now On the lookout for something comfy as I've messed my back up again. The 435 was comfy but used 435/440s are silly money, and I'd need to tune it again as otherwise would feel wrong. M4/GTR/Golf R are way too uncomfy, an x3/x4/x5 is 8/10k more than the x4 was I bought last year for the same age...There's a 7 year old x5 m50i for 30k ffs. World has gone mental.

Also, bought a KTM Duke a month back, which is surprisingly a much more comfy position than a car, but it's only a 125 till I can do my das so not the best for long journeys
Sam
Premium Member

30th Jul 21 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
What in all hell is going on with car prices right now On the lookout for something comfy as I've messed my back up again. The 435 was comfy but used 435/440s are silly money, and I'd need to tune it again as otherwise would feel wrong. M4/GTR/Golf R are way too uncomfy, an x3/x4/x5 is 8/10k more than the x4 was I bought last year for the same age...There's a 7 year old x5 m50i for 30k ffs. World has gone mental.

Also, bought a KTM Duke a month back, which is surprisingly a much more comfy position than a car, but it's only a 125 till I can do my das so not the best for long journeys

Even the shit cheapo cars have gone up in price for some reason?

For instance, a £200 shitbox you'd buy for banger racing or to drive around until it blows up goes for like £600 now
richardworrall
Premium Member

31st Jul 21 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car rental companies and the lease companies are not giving up their cars to auction like they used to. This means most auctions are about 50% down on their volumes for selling to dealers etc.
Its been like this for about 6 months and no forseeable end.
This in turn is driving the used car prices through the roof. Alot of cars at the online auctions are going for loads more than their CAP valuation and more than most garages can afford to retail them at.
Its a vicious cycle that the whole motor trade are struggling through.

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content 22 database queries in 0.1921670 seconds