corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content
SetH

User status: Offline
28th Apr 20 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the 435 shifts with the map. Is it xdrive? I could not think of a better daily, especially if there is a mid-long distance commute involved.

I have had 3 W30 MR2's since 2001, certainly a lot of fun! anyone that berates them on the girly image should drive one first.

I looked extensively into swapping in a 190 Celica engine, the various toyota 3.0 V6 lumps as well as turbo but could not justify the end costs versus just buying an Elise. Perhaps If I were handy with a spanner and did not have the labour costs it would be feasible.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 20 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH

I looked extensively into swapping in a 190 Celica engine, the various toyota 3.0 V6 lumps as well as turbo but could not justify the end costs versus just buying an Elise. Perhaps If I were handy with a spanner and did not have the labour costs it would be feasible.

Not sure when you were considering this but I reckon you could pay to get a 2ZZ dropped into an MR2 nowadays for much cheaper than an Elise - prices for even ropey ones seem to have gone a bit silly.

K20 swapped one looks even better though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y74B36EaDmk

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Neo

28th Apr 20 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
neo

Good fun them mr2

Gav, bloody long time sir

Yeah, the 2ZZ swap can be had for about 4k drive-in drive-out. Danny's K20 was nuts.

I'll be honest though I quite like the fact that I can drive it as hard as I like and not worry about losing my license.

quote:
I bet the 435 shifts with the map. Is it xdrive? I could not think of a better daily, especially if there is a mid-long distance commute involved.

Yep xDrive. I had a 330d before but when it was wet you couldn't really push on, obviously it was a lot more fun to wag the tail around but most days I just want to bumble to the office and back with the odd back road blast. My round trip on the days I go to the office has about 100 miles of A roads with a few miles at each end of country back lanes so it's perfect IMO.

0-60 is claimed to be about 4 seconds but I've not actually tested that, certainly feels quick enough on the road.
DaveyLC

28th Apr 20 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played with the parking assist for the first time.. Its slow as hell but I can't parallel park for toffee so this is a game changer for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAyJFNxzinI
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Apr 20 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interested to see how big that gap is, looked how shall we say, fairly generous
DaveyLC

29th Apr 20 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven’t experimented to see how tight I can get it &#128514;&#128514;
SetH

29th Apr 20 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

If the system makes a cock up and totally misjudges things what does it do? does it try to correct and reattempt the manoeuvre or does it just flick off and/or give a warning? I have never tried such new fangled technology, my mums toyota hybrid thing has it.
DaveyLC

29th Apr 20 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

If the system makes a cock up and totally misjudges things what does it do? does it try to correct and reattempt the manoeuvre or does it just flick off and/or give a warning? I have never tried such new fangled technology, my mums toyota hybrid thing has it.

Probably just makes a 'bonging noise' and leaves you stuck

Thankfully there's a button to ring Mercedes helpline, so you can ring them and swear!
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Apr 20 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Probably just makes a 'bonging noise' and leaves you stuck

Thankfully there's a button to ring Mercedes helpline, so you can ring them and swear!

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Apr 20 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
neo

Good fun them mr2

Gav, bloody long time sir

Yeah, the 2ZZ swap can be had for about 4k drive-in drive-out. Danny's K20 was nuts.

I'll be honest though I quite like the fact that I can drive it as hard as I like and not worry about losing my license. .

I have shared a trackday with a k20 one. Certainly looked like a good match.

If I had the space I would love a k20 elise!

Same reason I like the gt86 on the road. Can drive it fairly hard and not end up going that fast

pow
Premium Member

26th May 20 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a elongated 2015 C220d as a daily driver, I've working about 800 jobs these days doing 20k a year, plus a fair amount of personal travel so this ticked every box. It's full waft spec, not AMG, full air suspension, 7 speed auto massage your testcles spec (spent the best part of 8 months looking for one that wasn't base spec AMG, grey with black leather), still wearing the P8OWW plate:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bw4Cwj1xBgSTArMm9

Split with my now ex wife over Christmas which was a bit shit, she was cruising an SLK which was part of the fleet, now mine but now for sale (buy buy buy). Wearing the P9OWW plate that was left to me in the divorce lol:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPPaR1mwRDGuQ6fI7BluHPO03_AnvKuNnuG3QyyM6NkWNoH9xhrPLUtiIbwuzg1tA?key=RFcyekpITzJOQ09fOTZ2WE9tbWUxQzJhdWowU0R3

Free puma on trailer still going strong, now with FRP cams, however I have to sweep the remains up of it recently so the lovely Ian&Co has sourced me a ka of which will be welded, caged and then all of the Puma transferred over to it (engine, suspension etc etd):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bw4Cwj1xBgSTArMm9

I'm in the process of acquiring an old minibus from my main school I work for as they've just replaced with a newer model, it needs downplating as I'm only allowed to drive 3.5t personally but this is likely to become a camper with towbar for dragging the KaPuma hybrid around.

I poured all of my money into my house, only really treated my myself to the C class a year ago, was driving old shit before, had a 528i on a million miles that loves go juice but was the nicest thing to drive, then bought a shockingly bad Signum on which the gearbox expired on a country lane.
DaveyLC

26th May 20 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

I'm in the process of acquiring an old minibus from my main school I work for as they've just replaced with a newer model, it needs downplating as I'm only allowed to drive 3.5t

Can I interest you in a Transporter?
pow
Premium Member

26th May 20 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No because I'm divorced and fucking POOR
DaveyLC

26th May 20 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was worth a try

You're a man of leisure now!
pow
Premium Member

26th May 20 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am indeed
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 20 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better update the thread, first person to guess the price wins a hamburger.
pow
Premium Member

27th May 20 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooo me me me
DaveyLC

27th May 20 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Better update the thread, first person to guess the price wins a hamburger.

Nice 7-Series
whitter45

28th May 20 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

company motor - A3 for low BIK - although spends most of its time in the airport

Will opt out next time for a weekend car

4426AB33-F423-441E-BD5A-A48237F616E5 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

IMG_8358 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Wifes TT (had the 6pot M135i before that)

IMG_8492 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

IMG_8490 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr
Neo

29th May 20 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shit to hear Pow, hope all's ok!

Davey, Assuming it's not on a million miles, £2500?

Is anyone else reconsidering their car/s at the minute? It's become very apparent I won't be going back into the office for a while, and then once things do settle back down, reckon it'd only be a day a week at max so thinking it might be a good time to jump off the diesel ship and into something a bit more fun.

Current daydream revolves around a GTR as they can be picked up for about £30k now in not abused condition, or more practically a CTR which would obviously be much newer and therefore would hope more reliable although I think I'm probably both too old and too young for one....

We have a Bmax (couldn't convince the wife to drive a touring) as well for karting the dogs and child around in so I'm not really looking for practical
Ian
Site Administrator

29th May 20 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Davey, Assuming it's not on a million miles, £2500?

If you mean the Rangey that's mine, Davey just quoted me. And lower

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Current daydream revolves around a GTR as they can be picked up for about £30k now

And that's before any market movements, you would expect that weekend toys would be the first thing to go if anyone has one but needs to downsize a fleet.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Jun 20 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Thats shit to hear Pow, hope all's ok!

I'm alright now, thanks Mike
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Jun 20 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pow

Hope things are not going too bad. Sorry to hear the news.

Neo regarding GTR as Ian said there may be bargins on the horizon depending how things go. Beware of them becoming a money pit though as they can be expensive to maintain at times. A CTR would be a much safer bet and from what I gather a very capable car in the latest guise.

DaveyLC

7th Jun 20 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold the Discovery and the Camper this weekend - just left with the GLC.

On the look out for a year or two old VW California now..
Neo

7th Jun 20 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

435d is sold, collecting new car in about 2 weeks. 2019, mid 4's to 60, makes absolutely no sense. Can't wait

Agree with you Gavin, I went back and forth and if I could afford to have a gtr as a weekend toy then it wouldnt be such a concern, but reality is I need something reliable. The ctr looks just put me off too much.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content 23 database queries in 0.1000161 seconds