corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has CS run its course now?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 17 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good old memories
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Mar 17 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
What do you think has caused the lack of traffic? Facebook?

That would be my guess - far too easy to bother doing anything else
Tiger

8th Mar 17 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still not 100% sure about the appeal of Facebook, it became boring after a very short space of time for me and now I'm amazed looking inward how obsessive people have become and how consumed people's routines are that are on it....
Ojc

8th Mar 17 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Facebook, easier to ask the same question 30,000 times over and over than search a relevant forum
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Mar 17 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I don't want to call it too early but Facebook will die just like the rest of them.

Be funny reading the Facebook groups in 10 years' time 'I wonder where everyone has gone, do you remember the good old days, still at least we have /onthisday for memories'.

Did think Drivetribe was going to shake it up a bit but that just looks like a few blog web pages and sponsored Facebook posts.
Tiger

8th Mar 17 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember the days where everyone said MySpace would never die and would only ever get bigger.....
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Mar 17 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me we're not quite there yet on the whole car forum capability.

Sure its mobile but Facebook posts have come away from forums / posts / threads so they're actually harder to use.

Then we have a gaping gap in the mobile side of things for events - aside from a page that tells you its going on and you can upload photos later and say you were there - there's nothing to categorise any of the content intelligently.

See like this post - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=671646

That shouldn't be a question - the photo uploaded should be enough for the system to tell you all the events its been to, who owned it, mods along the way etc.

There's a ton of intelligence missing and I think that'll be the next big thing. Whether Facebook are the people to chase it I'm not sure, but we're not done with car community paradigm
Ian W

8th Mar 17 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still enjoy being able to read a post without a random picture being attached with PFA
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Mar 17 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That gets less and less as you hide the people who do it - eventually you might get a whole day without one.
Gary
Premium Member

8th Mar 17 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
You havent comented in like 7 weeks - probs why i thought you left

Always lurking. Tend to come on a have a look at recent threads daily. No point in looking at individual forum areas anymore
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Mar 17 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stopped looking in individual forums about 30 minutes after I programmed Recent Threads
Jake

8th Mar 17 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Loads of funny or interesting people have left sadly, john, cosmo, colin, colins gf who fucked her cousin, tomnova, -tom-, limecat, willdoyle..... gary, jim the barbarian, mav

Loads

Fuck did that create an evening of entertainment on cs chat.

Weren't there also a load of pictures of her posing in her undercrackers posted all over a bodybuilding forum? Jade or something?

I only remember loads of people making songs about her on that Barbra Streisand site. There was that geeza with a square bellend that ended up with his photobucket account all over the Internet thanks to cs
DaveyLC

8th Mar 17 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I stopped looking in individual forums about 30 minutes after I programmed Recent Threads

You should make that the default page on the site.
Generation

8th Mar 17 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this another memory lane thread, or something actually going to get done thread
Ojc

8th Mar 17 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Is this another memory lane thread, or something actually going to get done thread

Chill
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Mar 17 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My days of all-nighter programming missions are well over.
taylorboosh

8th Mar 17 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you expecting to be done? Think its well known corsa bs are shit and youngens dont want em
Generation

9th Mar 17 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progression into this decade.

Could ask the OP the same question. 8( only person able to change it isn't interested - why do we keep stating the obvious once a month
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Mar 17 at 01:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean me? You're welcome to program the app if you wish.
Generation

9th Mar 17 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have a clue.

I'm not criticising you for not doing it - at all. I'm sure it's a huge task and very low on priority side of things, understandably.

Ultimately what I said is correct
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Mar 17 at 02:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be interested in someone taking it on.

I also don't think there's much of a rush - what I have learnt is that nothing lasts forever and that goes for everyone large or small.

I also don't think the software is the major key anyway, you can still do a big show without good software. Needs keen members and to that end look at the Novas at Billing - full on resurgence because everyone has got them out of their garages or gone and bought one.
Ian W

9th Mar 17 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'd be interested in someone taking it on.

I also don't think there's much of a rush - what I have learnt is that nothing lasts forever and that goes for everyone large or small.

I also don't think the software is the major key anyway, you can still do a big show without good software. Needs keen members and to that end look at the Novas at Billing - full on resurgence because everyone has got them out of their garages or gone and bought one.

Plus, the JOV club don't even have a website anymore and it was one of the biggest stands.
taylorboosh

10th Mar 17 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think its a case that forums are dead.... i updated both my project the day before yesterday on retro rides.... one is 3 pages back and the other is 4.

Its the target audience
Gary
Premium Member

10th Mar 17 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does cs even have a Facebook group?
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Mar 17 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.facebook.com/corsasport/

Page though so you can't chat on it.

We also have https://www.facebook.com/groups/corsasport/ although no content yet, needs a push at some point

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now? 22 database queries in 0.1892509 seconds