corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has CS run its course now?
Generation

User status: Offline
30th Mar 17 at 03:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GB123
Premium Member

30th Mar 17 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Sorry but Citroen and "great" never go in the same sentence imo

Never mind the clio was a Renault it's a ridiculous statement anyway, what about the original Citroen DS, Saxo VTS/Xsara VTS and even the C6?
taylorboosh

31st Mar 17 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ax gt
GB123
Premium Member

31st Mar 17 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bx gti
kz

31st Mar 17 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
The Corsa must be a good seller because there are millions of them on the road and even the little 1.2 special editions look good. It's not known for anything other than being a half decent small car though is it? As opposed to the Clio which has a bit of a following as a great hot hatch.

They do look good, for what they are... the problem is I presume most of them are leased by younguns, and therefore there's no desire (or funds) to modify, and certainly not race around on a track.
Generation

1st Apr 17 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is.... despite this issue being raised again, once AGAIN, nothing has changed.
So inevitably they'll be another thread in few months discussing a further decline of members
Gary
Premium Member

1st Apr 17 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me, do you ever stop fucking whinging?
Generation

1st Apr 17 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohh, look at me, I know the f word
Gary
Premium Member

1st Apr 17 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pillock
kz

1st Apr 17 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a P word.
Generation

2nd Apr 17 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whinging about whinging.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Apr 17 at 06:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary
Premium Member

9th Apr 17 at 06:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex
Balling
Premium Member

9th Apr 17 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sup?

[Edited on 09-04-2017 by Balling]

Balling
Premium Member

9th Apr 17 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
See I don't want to call it too early but Facebook will die just like the rest of them.
I think you underestimate just how much money and behavioural data a company like Facebook has at their disposal.

To the younger generations, Facebook is as much a core part of the internet as Google. And probably as likely to "die like the rest of them".

Balling
Premium Member

9th Apr 17 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Need to sort a phone app
That might have been a viable option in 2008.

People don't want apps that are essentially just websites.

If you wanted to be more accessible on mobile, you could spend a few days on a new responsive skin. Not even any reason to change core functionality.

No reason to invest the time with this level of activity though.

Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 17 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
To the younger generations, Facebook is as much a core part of the internet as Google.

So are these younger generations different the other younger generations? Because when I was a lad the thought that Altavista wouldn't be the search engine of choice was unthinkable.

Re the app and whether Facebook is competition for a car forum - I do believe there are things that car software can do which Facebook won't try to do, not just community stuff but it must integrate further in to the scene. Sales being something FB have pursued but they'll not try for anything offline or social I don't think.

Photos on FB aren't even particularly well indexed, albums named by the user and ordered by date is hardly data mining.

Also current CS traffic isn't the thing - we'll obv never get back to hundreds of Corsa owners unless it happened that the next big thing had a sub-niche for Corsas. But it would need to be bigger than that. Any ideas I have just now aren't about making CS as we know it busy again, that ship has sailed.

[Edited on 09-04-2017 by Ian]
Tiger

10th Apr 17 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Altavista

[Edited on 10-04-2017 by Tiger]
DaveyLC

10th Apr 17 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We better inform those 1,000,000,000 Facebook users that they are flogging a dead horse..

AltaVista peaked at 54 million BTW
Generation

10th Apr 17 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pride issues
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Apr 17 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a guess based on what's happened in the past.

Not sure why anyone would think any one single company is immune.

Plus I'm not talking about someone coming in and replacing Facebook, what I'm suggesting is that Facebook won't pursue features that car users want and there's therefore a gap.

Guess we'll just see, I'd be interested to see if anyone gets in there and if users choose to migrate for that purpose. I can't see why the wouldn't if the feature set is better the convenience is similar.
boylers11

10th Apr 17 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think that more people prefer FB, as it's so easy to get a quick 'like' for something 'cool' that you've done in your life rather than risk having people not like what you do on a car forum and for there to be the potential to be slagged off or criticised?

I'm not a FB fan, but most people seem to get a buzz from other people liking the fact that that they have just breathed rather than people disliking what they've done?

I suppose with forums, as it's an open floor full of strangers, there are a lot of keyboard warriors around who take pleasure from disrupting threads for the sake of it.

Ian, do you think a subscribe and a 'like' function type system would work on here?

[Edited on 10-04-2017 by boylers11]
Balling
Premium Member

10th Apr 17 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So are these younger generations different the other younger generations? Because when I was a lad the thought that Altavista wouldn't be the search engine of choice was unthinkable.
My point is, while you and I might (and probably do) think that Facebook is complete and utter shit, for most people it's a utility.

Just like Davey I googled the statistics and there are more users on Facebook today than there were total users of the internet back in year 2000, heyday of Altavista. It doesn't even begin to compare. We've literally seen nothing like it before.

If people really wanted better indexing of photos or other features that you miss, I guarantee you that Facebook would be implementing it. But they don't.

I'm not saying new things won't come along. Not at all. New social platforms emerge all the time. I'm just saying, I think Facebook is as likely to die out as email or the mobile phone. Actually, I think email might die first...

Ian
Site Administrator

10th Apr 17 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
If people really wanted better indexing of photos or other features that you miss, I guarantee you that Facebook would be implementing it. But they don't.

Do bear in mind I'm talking about car related content. I can show you a thread on here not so long ago where the guy was asking for history on a car he'd just bought, photo could form the basis of that search as its got a reg number in and probably some other things you can guess about the camera (and if you're lucky you'd have loads and loads of date / geo / device info that would narrow things down a lot further.

You go to spectate a track day and want to know what engine is in the car that you're watching so you fire up the AR app and video the car as it goes past and get the link to the progress thread - Facebook are going to code that? They'll have their fingers in a lot of pies if that is the case because for every other hobby there are niche applications that users probably would like and will use. The fact there are other apps with a userbase probably proves that there are features outside of Facebook. I'm thinking of Flightradar AR as that's closest to the car on a track day comparison except there you don't have user base as such as you're not really on par with the airline. Car community the content would lend itself to user upload a bit more.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Apr 17 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to add, you also have a far, far lower requirement on accuracy when you point the phone at a plane. But that too would have been witchcraft twenty years ago.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now? 23 database queries in 0.1919191 seconds