corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has CS run its course now?
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Mar 17 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shows may indeed be the USP of Corsasport. It's been a while since I attended a relevant show but the CS/WR stands have always stood out at events that I did attend.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

13th Mar 17 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate to say it... but way the conversation is going here, is showing 0 immediate attention to change. So, the decline in activity is just going to continue.

Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 17 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So because we don't push an FB group in 2017 I'm not going to retire and program some next level mobile integrated offline community geotag photo video tag ANPR tech manual parts data AI advice motherfucker that's going to rewrite car communities the world over? I admire your pessimism.
Ian W

13th Mar 17 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Hate to say it... but way the conversation is going here, is showing 0 immediate attention to change. So, the decline in activity is just going to continue.

Rather than just being negative, how about throwing some suggestions in to address the issue you're not happy about?
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 17 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to be clear on this Facebook thing

Does Facebook and will Facebook ever:

- Tag photos so if you took a photo of a car at a track at a particular corner you could search for photos of the same car on the same corner from different photographers. And don't say there are not sufficient photographs because if someone goes backwards in to the wall at Quarry, there are enough photographs.

- Make a 3D version of said photographs so that you can spin the 3D image round like you're holding the car in your hand and get a different perspective on which views are available to the people in each car nearby to have an internet debate on who should have braked first.

- Integrate to the user table so the web site would tell you / set up friend relationship / just merely introduce you to the people you were adjacent to, probably talking to but didn't realise that's who that guy was.

- Suggest friendships based on comparable technical skills or similar projects if perhaps those people could help you out more or sell you parts if you had a comparable job on.

- Weed out fraud with similar AI

- Record said project data in such a way that the software itself corroborated the jobs that you were doing by bringing in similar photos from other projects or technical manuals. Then augmented whatever you say about the job with actual technical advice that it's either found in a reference doc or learnt from other times people have updated about doing a similar job.

- Ditto stuff like track set up where the software monitors your project thread for changes and compares them to your lap times

- Record car production, factory options, factory specials, ownership data for a concise historical record of the car that members are interested in. Also helping with buying but mostly as a historical record.

Other things, sure I'll remember some of the other shit that I dream about to keep my busy when I live on a beach. Please don't say I've zero attention to change.

My feeling is they won't, therefore I've no real interest in chasing a group for which similar alternatives already exist.

We'll address FB groups in the short term because we've still an interest in shows via that medium in the short term. But this isn't the end of the story whether we are on FB or not.
oJNAo
Premium Member

13th Mar 17 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find forums better as you can actually believe someone when they give you advice by seeing what they've done/built from the guides and project threads.

Facebook just has a group of people commenting different things that could possibly be wrong and no way of checking if they're correct or have just done a quick google search and then demand they're right.

Plus arguments break out over anything.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 17 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've reminded me of another one I don't like about Facebook, if they decide you're closed then that's you done.
DaveyLC

14th Mar 17 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Facebook groups are fantastic!

All those nice thread titles so you can see what the topic is about. How about page numbers so you can see where you're up to?

Most people just go to forums to see progress updates, banter and to ask questions.

Facebook lends its self perfectly to this and the best bit is it will mainly show you the stuff that you like regularly in your news feed.

I don't think I've ever used a forum where every other reply to a question post isn't 'use the search button' or 'let me google that for you'..
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Mar 17 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

I don't think I've ever used a forum where every other reply to a question post isn't 'use the search button' or 'let me google that for you'..

That's happening a fair bit in FB groups now that I'm a member of. Repeating questions/topics is more common in FB groups because generally once a comment or topic becomes yesterdays news - it's long gone.

There's a trackday FB group that I believe a few CS people are in - and recently there have been cases of "do a search, this is asked every day" and even over moderation... both very familiar sights to forumers.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jason x
Premium Member

14th Mar 17 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forums are outdated and Facebook is more convenient, I can't see anything that can be done to change that.

Making apps or mobile sites may keep current members longer, but I can't see it making difference in bringing new ones.. and without new members theres basically no relevant content to the site.

[Edited on 14-03-2017 by Jason x]
Ojc

15th Mar 17 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone taken a look at ClioSport lately? The way that's set up is excellent. It's still busy in the forum sense of busy and has lots of modern features without having adverts splashed all over the place.
kz

15th Mar 17 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ClioSport is brilliant. I've been paying £10 per year to use that for about 10 years now! It's my Facebook... I get all my dank memes and funny YouTube videos there, as well as lots of good general car chat.

The worst forum ever is MiniTorque. I honestly don't know how it's still going. Half of it's broken and people on there are so hostile and God forbid you attempt to talk about anything other than Minis!
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Mar 17 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cliosport has the advantage that the Clio has gone from strength to strength in the car enthusiast market, and the Corsa seems to have dropped off significantly.

Clios are now tied with the MX5 for the defacto choice of any performance/track car on a budget - and for good reason too. There's no wonder that the forum is brimming with activity.

Whether the functionality, membership or other attributes of Cliosport contribute to its success too I'm not quite sure - but Corsasport right now would need more than just a few fancy sub forums to get activity statistics to rival Cliosport.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ojc

16th Mar 17 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

420 agree
Ned

18th Mar 17 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kz

18th Mar 17 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do we blame Vauxhall for this place degrading then?
Ian W

19th Mar 17 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Corsa must be a good seller because there are millions of them on the road and even the little 1.2 special editions look good. It's not known for anything other than being a half decent small car though is it? As opposed to the Clio which has a bit of a following as a great hot hatch.
Corsa E-Tec

29th Mar 17 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll never forget CS
DaveyLC

29th Mar 17 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should we send flowers?
Bart

29th Mar 17 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
As opposed to the Clio which has a bit of a following as a great hot hatch.

That's debatable
taylorboosh

29th Mar 17 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not ^
Bart

29th Mar 17 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but Citroen and "great" never go in the same sentence imo
Ojc

29th Mar 17 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa E-Tec

I'll never forget CS

Ben!! :wow:
RichR
Premium Member

29th Mar 17 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart

Oh yes, that famous Citroen Clio...
evilrob
Premium Member

29th Mar 17 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
quote:
Originally posted by Bart

Oh yes, that famous Citroen Clio...

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now? 23 database queries in 0.1031141 seconds