corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has CS run its course now?
p

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 17 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dead in here now. How have the statistics been in the last couple of years RE posts, topics, member activity? I imagine a seemingly pretty continual decline now? We've all got so old
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Mar 17 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger

2nd Mar 17 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation

2nd Mar 17 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a month since last thread about Demise of the site?

Yes. EVERYBODY KNOWS
Shelly
Premium Member

2nd Mar 17 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few of us are still here
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Mar 17 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ironic thing for me is that it would be very easy for everyone to get back on a computer and pop in.

Need to sort a phone app as that's where the lazy people are

The events will also continue. Might just be that we have to get the word out on Facebook but we're aiming to get back on the horse for PVS this year, new VBOA location will be interesting, Combes are always full, there's more to it than forum activity. Although that would be nice. If everyone can show up more that would be lovely.
Shelly
Premium Member

2nd Mar 17 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in a few groups on Facebook if you would like me to post anything.

Lot of people use those now and Instagram seems popular for car stuff these days
Ian W

2nd Mar 17 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not just this forum though, a lot have gone the same way.

I'm sure a core group will stay just to remind everyone that Corsa's are rubbish
Baggies-no1

2nd Mar 17 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you lads have done a great job with this forum, I still enjoy coming on here and will as long as it remains, I'm 60 this year and enjoy following the projects on here, if only I was younger and money to spend on a car, credit to you all, keep it going please.
Jason x
Premium Member

3rd Mar 17 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian please sort the issue regarding having to log in to post I've mentioned this many times
Haimsey
Premium Member

4th Mar 17 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 17 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Ian please sort the issue regarding having to log in to post I've mentioned this many times

Remind me - there's no way of not logging in
boylers11

4th Mar 17 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been a member on here for a long time and always enjoy seeing what's going on. IMO, regardless of whether you love or hate them, a lot of 'characters' have been chased away over the years eg Nic Barnes by certain members (I'm sure we all know who they are) who were obviously bullies at school. Unfortunately, they then don't step up to the mark and post anything of interest afterwards.
Also, some of the more advanced projects eg Dewisports' Astra project show massive levels of skill but don't get many comments, then some one else changes their magic tree air freshener and gets hundreds!
I have always and will continue to enjoy browsing and commenting on this forum though

[Edited on 04-03-2017 by boylers11]
_Allan_

4th Mar 17 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't paint Barnes as a saint. He spent 80% of his time on here on the wind up and trolling members. Liked to give it out but couldn't take it back. Hence his many flounces

[Edited on 04-03-2017 by _Allan_]
boylers11

4th Mar 17 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't paint him as a saint? That's why I said love/hate them. At least people like that stirred up some chat!
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 17 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't remember any chasing, once he lost his V there was no stopping him.
boylers11

5th Mar 17 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just my opinion (and maybe a bad example). What happened to the likes of Tom, Rich H and TomNova with his Porsche?
kennySRi

5th Mar 17 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't the best example

The biggest characters over the years have mainly been banned, I'm sure half of them would still be posting on here every day after all these years. Not that it would of been anything car related mind.

Most forums are like this now. I still view it every day without fail and hopefully I'll start getting back into car shows again.
Generation

5th Mar 17 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People tried too hard to be as harsh as possible, hoping to get the most LOL comments.

Now it's been realised the simple fact, the website needs people. When you treat people like shit, those people will eventually piss off.

Now can we resume this conversation in 4 weeks
boylers11

5th Mar 17 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
People tried too hard to be as harsh as possible, hoping to get the most LOL comments.

Now it's been realised the simple fact, the website needs people. When you treat people like shit, those people will eventually piss off

That's what I meant but didn't explain it very well!
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Mar 17 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Now it's been realised the simple fact, the website needs people. When you treat people like shit, those people will eventually piss off.

If you're talking about Barnes then I'm sure the number of people he caused to leave far outweighs his absence.
oJNAo
Premium Member

5th Mar 17 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still come on this site just because it has decent interaction and the project threads are interesting. I sold my Corsa November last year
oJNAo
Premium Member

5th Mar 17 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A well built app would definitely boost numbers though, Facebook groups wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't mobile friendly and groups easily found and easy to join
Ian W

5th Mar 17 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
A well built app would definitely boost numbers though, Facebook groups wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't mobile friendly and groups easily found and easy to join

+1

An app would bring in much more traffic, I still sit at a laptop but I am guessing a lot of new users are on phones and tablets which the site isn't great to use on.

To the best of my knowledge, apart from the Facebook group there isn't a thriving Corsa forum so the hole is still there for this place to fill again.
jamied

5th Mar 17 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to agree, some of the other forums I use are similar to fb with likes, tags,notifications and good mobile layout

will always use CS but shame its getting quiet.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has CS run its course now? 23 database queries in 0.0961392 seconds