corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this the end?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this the end?
ShEp

User status: Offline
14th Sep 16 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Missed the boat.

Should of bought up corsa-c

Seems we were stuck with the corsa-b brand, and hasn't evolved along the way with the newer shapes which cliosport has.

This, you'll actually see threads from me years ago writing off Corsa C as some upstart who were never going to gain any traction.

Their show stands are shit and they've now sold out to the Canadians so the site is full of adverts, I'd deffo be fucking off back here if it was me but that's users for you, I didn't see it coming.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing mate.

I didn't forsee a rise in corsa-c either, but it pulled a lot of users, and I wouldnt say it stole them from here, its jsut to progression of the brand/model thing.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Sep 16 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the case with me, i came here from Corsa-C as they were a boring bunch of cunts lol
Ojc

14th Sep 16 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C isn't real life, this place is real life.
3CorsaMeal

14th Sep 16 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a film should be made of this forum, or at the very least a documentary about all the nut-jobs and strange behaviour over the years.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Sep 16 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Documentary....you mean series

that Jay da Silva bollocks would be worth 2 episodes on its own at least
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Sep 16 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wouldnt say it stole them from here, its jsut to progression of the brand/model thing.

Just where the new users go, whatever site looks like its going to suit them best.

That's also the reason why I'm not that fussed about Facebook, I do think when something comes along that looks like a better fit for either advice on fixing or event stuff then Facebook single thread post/replies conversation model will look old hat.

taylorboosh

14th Sep 16 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who would make said documentary ? Is in feature in it
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 16 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd star as myself
DaveyLC

14th Sep 16 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I wouldnt say it stole them from here, its jsut to progression of the brand/model thing.

Just where the new users go, whatever site looks like its going to suit them best.

That's also the reason why I'm not that fussed about Facebook, I do think when something comes along that looks like a better fit for either advice on fixing or event stuff then Facebook single thread post/replies conversation model will look old hat.

Some times I worry about you Ian

This forum software is powered by steam and witch craft its THAT old..

Facebook has proven forums are a dying breed, I'm a member of a couple of massive groups on Facebook and they are much easier to follow and navigate, especially now you can save posts, set notifications and even search.
Generation

14th Sep 16 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this is known to him. His website, and he ultimately doesn't want to change it, so won't.

That's end of it really
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Sep 16 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You like Facebook conversations? I happen to think they're utter shit, you can't categorise anthing, no pagination so you can't pick back up where you want to later on in a long one, all the things forums are good at.

I'm not suggesting forums are going to come back BTW, what I said is there could well be something which makes Facebook obsolete. Obviously not steam powered forum software, it'll need some higher level of integration in people's lives to deal with the laziness issue (also not a bad idea BTW if you're in to databases and don't like duplicate member tables)

Also BTW Mark stop talking bollocks, I'd love to make changes where I see fit, I'd code all night long if I didn't have a business to run or I was well up on client side and mobile app dev. Would fucking love a phone interface but Tapatalk is an prick to integrate in to anything other than stock vBulletin / phpBB code and I don't have the skills to do a standalone app. Even device agnostic stuff is a big load of work which I don't have the time or skills for just now. Also got loads of file upload / storage / tag / location enabled / ANPR enabled intelligent storage to make Facebook file upload look shit ideas but again, no time or skills. Absolutely incorrect to say I don't want change. I don't want faffy slow code full of widely-published vulnerabilities which is the reason I'm still running a 20 year old base code but to say the lack of progression is entirely down to a decision to not progress is a bit of a misinterpretation of what is going on.

[Edited on 14-09-2016 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Sep 16 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also see my rants about Facebook in the past - if they want to close you down they just do it - Splitter Scuffers being a case in point for a while back. Imaging trying to organise anything knowing that you're up against zealous mods with no time to be reasonable. I know we've had the plug pulled once but a call to the ISP and some thread edits sorted that. Not some big faceless policy in a different country.

Also think it will be overtaken, round about the same time GSis are 10 grand

Good news is you can quote me as this place will still be here.

[Edited on 14-09-2016 by Ian]
_Allan_

14th Sep 16 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Good news is you can quote me as this place will still be here.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 16 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facebook conversations are garbage to navigate if there is a lot of posts
Tiger

14th Sep 16 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facebook is full of attention whores. I still go straight to car forums if I need to know something.
taylorboosh

15th Sep 16 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why was the plug pulled? What happened and when
DaveyLC

15th Sep 16 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You like Facebook conversations? I happen to think they're utter shit, you can't categorise anthing, no pagination so you can't pick back up where you want to later on in a long one, all the things forums are good at.

You can't look at the future with your heart in the past
MatthewR

15th Sep 16 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

You can't look at the future with your heart in the past

DAAAAANG DUDE!!! real shit
Generation

15th Sep 16 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look much better compared to fried eggs
Ojc

15th Sep 16 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To me Facebook conversations and the way everything is layed out feels old and CS still feels fresh and simple
Ojc

15th Sep 16 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like myself, fresh and simple
DaveyLC

15th Sep 16 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
To me Facebook conversations and the way everything is layed out feels old and CS still feels fresh and simple

1 out of 2 isn't bad.
Jason x
Premium Member

15th Sep 16 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened to that guy with the transporter van
Tiger

15th Sep 16 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which one? I've got one and Nic Barnes has one.
Jason x
Premium Member

15th Sep 16 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I realise now that doesn't narrow it down much on here I was referring to Burnes

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this the end? 22 database queries in 0.0145340 seconds