corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this the end?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this the end?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Sep 16 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
What happened to that guy with the transporter van

Andrew? hes still around
DaveyLC

16th Sep 16 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Which one? I've got one and Nic Barnes has one.

www.TransporterSport.co.uk
Ojc

16th Sep 16 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vagweb
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 16 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened to Vagweb Steve?
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Sep 16 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Why was the plug pulled? What happened and when

Can't remember exactly what but the ISP was called and took the site offline for half a day until we removed the offending material.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Sep 16 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You like Facebook conversations? I happen to think they're utter shit, you can't categorise anthing, no pagination so you can't pick back up where you want to later on in a long one, all the things forums are good at.

You can't look at the future with your heart in the past

No idea where you get that from, I'd gladly support new things if they weren't turd.

Facebook wins for convenience by some margin and therefore its busy and that's most of the job done. But talking about something is bullshit for anything other than a post with a few replies. Any more than that and you've a job keeping up or finding anything. Its more people replying and putting their oar in that any meaningful debate. Or any good information that comes in gets lost in the shit. Take posts about towing as a case in point. Think I've ranted about this in the past. A small number of people posting the correct information and a vast swathe of people posting unverified bollocks. Ditto any difficult questions. Terrible for car advice.
MatthewR

16th Sep 16 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

facebook is far easier to upload photos imo, big thing if we could just use "post pic" think threads should have pics in title again too (imo) like in Projects & Builds

Oh and more women

[Edited on 16-09-2016 by MatthewR]
Aaron

16th Sep 16 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the ladies who have graced this site over the years i've been a member have been excellent entertainment
Generation

18th Sep 16 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
facebook is far easier to upload photos imo, big thing if we could just use "post pic" think threads should have pics in title again too (imo) like in Projects & Builds

Oh and more women

[Edited on 16-09-2016 by MatthewR]
Ben G

18th Sep 16 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the Z4 forum I use, they've just introduced a thing where you can upload pics instantly, similar to Facebook. Makes it much easier to post photo's, but the quality isn't the best.

Photobucket app is easy enough to use.
Ojc

18th Sep 16 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ClioSport is well setup
3CorsaMeal

18th Sep 16 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve is well setup, with his cables in walls and austism lighting
sc0ott

19th Sep 16 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people don't sign in now because you can browse through everything as a visitor
MatthewR

20th Sep 16 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
On the Z4 forum I use, they've just introduced a thing where you can upload pics instantly, similar to Facebook. Makes it much easier to post photo's, but the quality isn't the best.

its a ballache in comparison to fb
Jambo

20th Sep 16 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
What happened to that guy with the transporter van

Andrew? hes still around

Ben G

20th Sep 16 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

How so? I click a pic in my phones album and click 'upload with photobucket'. Then you wait and it's done.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Sep 16 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if I'm being repetitive or irrelevant:

- I don't like FB for the type of content I would come to CS, Pistonheads, or <insert marque here> forums. FB is great for keeping track of a conversation as it's happening, but it's not the best format for reviewing historic information or a conversation/topic spanning weeks or months.

- CS could probably be mordernised a bit by allowing a more mobile friendly way to add photos to threads and stuff like that but generally the site still loads and displays very well on all devices and connection quality.

- I imagine CS is struggling to attract new users because the corsa owner demographic has changed a bit since the Corsa B/C days. Now corsas tend to be cheap lease cars (as with anything else new tbf) so they're rarely modified, tracked, etc. My Leon is the first car I've owned in which I've not joined a community forum for it, because it's leased and I generally don't GAF about it.

Perhaps CS needs rebranding, but to what? Pistonheads Lite?

Attracting new users should be the priority if the "life" of CS is genuinely a concern. If FB needs exploiting to achieve that, so be it - but I'm not sure how. Project Threads are personally my favourite part of any car forum, could that be tied into functionality we used to see from the "car of the month" type thing we used to do, and a quick summary article posted to the FB page? Get that shared into a few car related FB pages and it might ramp up guest hits a bit, maybe people will register to post... voila.

Alternatively one of our most popular threads atm is the "what have you done to your car today?" post. I think it's because it's quick, easy and requires no investment to read it or contribute to it unlike a project thread which can often be a 10+ page investment! It's almost taking over project threads too, I see certain people post something in that thread but then never mention it in their project thread. Is that because the project thread area is starting to feel neglected compared to GC?

Classifieds is another area which I use a lot on car forums, but that will only gain traction with members and active projects I guess.

For some reason, CS is still my first tab/click when opening a web browser. Can't explain why, but something keeps me checking in. It's a shame to see threads/posts going stale with very little turnover but any drastic change to the "formula" may break what I find appealing about CS in the first place!

Maybe we could be more welcoming to new users, but I don't feel that we're particularly poisonous. We certainly don't have the circlejerk mentality of some car forums in which any terrible mod/idea is praised beyond sanity - but we don't go out of our way to be twats unless to other long term/established members.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
A.J

20th Sep 16 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just joined up, been looking at posts for a while but never joined. I dont use facebook hate it, it causes nothing but trouble between the misses and myself lol.
Such a shame forums are getting quiet these days.
Ben G

20th Sep 16 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate it on other forums when a member can do something absolutely shit and everyone says ''as long as you like it, that's all that matters''.

Get fucked Derek, stop beating around the bush and tell the cunt his mod is shit.

Why are people so afraid of offending someone these days?

[Edited on 20-09-2016 by Ben G]
A.J

20th Sep 16 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I hate it on other forums when a member can do something absolutely shit and everyone says ''as long as you like it, that's all that matters''.

Get fucked Derek, stop beating around the bush and tell the cunt his mod is shit.

Why are people so afraid of offending someone these days?

[Edited on 20-09-2016 by Ben G]

Couldnt agree more lol
kz

20th Sep 16 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@Kyle I been on here 14 years and genuinely don't think I've ever looked in project threads... this is why I think sub-forums should be joined together. I might find of those very interested, but I just never think to check in.
MatthewR

21st Sep 16 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

How so? I click a pic in my phones album and click 'upload with photobucket'. Then you wait and it's done.

Its annoying for me, obviously not for you.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Sep 16 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting the image url is a pita for fb
MatthewR

21st Sep 16 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photobucket reminds me of 2005 LOL
MatthewR

21st Sep 16 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Getting the image url is a pita for fb

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this the end? 23 database queries in 0.2024338 seconds