corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this the end?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this the end?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
11th Sep 16 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personal contract hire owners club, that's what the net needs.
ShEp

11th Sep 16 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missed the boat.

Should of bought up corsa-c

Seems we were stuck with the corsa-b brand, and hasn't evolved along the way with the newer shapes which cliosport has.
Generation

11th Sep 16 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because corsa's have 0 reputation. Everybody just slates them, because it's cool to. They do what they're supposed to, and are cheap to modify. However, it's a way for non car people to sounds like car people when trying to
Impress their mates.
Ian W

12th Sep 16 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Because corsa's have 0 reputation. Everybody just slates them, because it's cool to. They do what they're supposed to, and are cheap to modify. However, it's a way for non car people to sounds like car people when trying to
Impress their mates.

TBH this is pretty much spot on.

I remember when Nova's had the exact same reputation yet now they have come round to being seen as awesome by everyone

Might happen to the B one day but not so sure tbh.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 16 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont do imo, the corsa fell in the era where cars started to be throw away items, and everyone could get pretty much what they wanted on finance.

I dont think there will be much moving forward that ends up "classic" or "old school cool" anymore

[Edited on 12-09-2016 by Steve]
Ian W

12th Sep 16 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only time will tell, I remember when people used to say Novas would never end up big £££ like old Fords, now look at old SR's doing 5k + easy.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 16 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar era of car though
DaveyLC

12th Sep 16 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should have a site vote on who is going to be the next version to Rage Quit?
DaveyLC

12th Sep 16 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Wont do imo, the corsa fell in the era where cars started to be throw away items, and everyone could get pretty much what they wanted on finance.

I dont think there will be much moving forward that ends up "classic" or "old school cool" anymore

[Edited on 12-09-2016 by Steve]

Taking exotics/prestigious cars out of the equation all of the lusted after classics were once run of the mill affordable cars, the more popular they were the more nostalgia is attached to their existence.. Surely a Corsa will once day fit that bill?
3CorsaMeal

12th Sep 16 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever happened to that porsche green nova with the plastic windows, was about £20k or something. Lots of shiny bolts

Ojc

12th Sep 16 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has a C20LET and is still around.

I think RenaultSports will continue to the mk3 197 be classics, they are still relatively simple cars and are fantastic on track 420
3CorsaMeal

12th Sep 16 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Ollie, you filled that milk bottle with semen yet?
#milkbottlechallenge
Gary
Premium Member

12th Sep 16 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only cars that will end up desirable classics will be performance stuff, and i dont mean vxrs.
3CorsaMeal

12th Sep 16 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corrado vr6 probably
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Sep 16 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Missed the boat.

Should of bought up corsa-c

Seems we were stuck with the corsa-b brand, and hasn't evolved along the way with the newer shapes which cliosport has.

This, you'll actually see threads from me years ago writing off Corsa C as some upstart who were never going to gain any traction.

Their show stands are shit and they've now sold out to the Canadians so the site is full of adverts, I'd deffo be fucking off back here if it was me but that's users for you, I didn't see it coming.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Sep 16 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Definitely will and I'm waiting for it. You look at Nova show stands five years ago, they'd struggle worse than we are now. Now look at Novas, smashed it at Billing loads of old stuff out of the woodwork and some real nice examples in real volume. You can half tell what is coming by looking at them.
Ian W

12th Sep 16 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Definitely will and I'm waiting for it. You look at Nova show stands five years ago, they'd struggle worse than we are now. Now look at Novas, smashed it at Billing loads of old stuff out of the woodwork and some real nice examples in real volume. You can half tell what is coming by looking at them.

Was saying the same to my mates after Billing, a lot of them had been stashed away but there are a lot back on the scene now, so many tidy ones back out.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 16 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old is the new modified imo
Jambo

13th Sep 16 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Whatever happened to that porsche green nova with the plastic windows, was about £20k or something. Lots of shiny bolts

Wasn't Porsche green

That's my favourite Nova. Really nice car. The "original" C20LET Green Nova done by Courtney that was on the cover of Max Power was for sale a couple of years ago, wasn't all that much money either, around £4K? Must have been 2012/3
Robin
Premium Member

13th Sep 16 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't Nic Barnes' mate buy it?
kennySRi

13th Sep 16 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean A16V TB nova Jambo? Was one of many mint novas from back in the day. Seem to remember the other year one of the old green ones being back on the road but can't remember which one it was.

[Edited on 13-09-2016 by kennySRi]
Ojc

14th Sep 16 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Barnes mate has the one with the Fearless cage in and the transmission tunnel adjusted so you could sit square rather than offset
Robin
Premium Member

14th Sep 16 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be literally the best mod you could do to a Nova, providing you could straighten the steering column too.
3CorsaMeal

14th Sep 16 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, you just need your legs offset from your torso, like the elephant man
Robin
Premium Member

14th Sep 16 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not forgetting a short left arm and a long right one.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this the end? 22 database queries in 0.1765339 seconds