corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
11th Mar 16 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are people's thoughts on this? Just curious about the CS general opinion as to me it's the most relevant.
Nic Barnes

11th Mar 16 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am voting leave.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave definitely
Steve
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although I think we will stay, far too many pacifists with their heads in the clouds in this country
JM_16v

11th Mar 16 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not enough information to make a decision at current on what the effects will be economic and law.

Those that think as soon as we leave the EU we are going to close our borders, kick out all the EU existing people that stay here and it wont affect trade are deluded.
3CorsaMeal

11th Mar 16 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only people saying stay seem to be big businesses. I get they feeling they are mainly concerned about their money and mansions and scaremongering us.

Am thinking i will vote to leave. Am sure if it all goes to shit we will be allowed back.
3CorsaMeal

11th Mar 16 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main concern is will it affect the delivery or cost of buying rare vw parts from Germany
Steve
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
Not enough information to make a decision at current on what the effects will be economic and law.

Those that think as soon as we leave the EU we are going to close our borders, kick out all the EU existing people that stay here and it wont affect trade are deluded.

There is an equal chance that it won't affect trade, the lisbon treaty ensures any trade relationships must remain in tact for 2 years after any exit anyway.

Regards borders, yes and no, but we stand a better chance of tightening that up away from the EU. I agree people already here in the large won't be affected.
Nic Barnes

11th Mar 16 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily 50% of my business comes from China, the rest from the uk so my trading should be ok. In theory.
sc0ott

11th Mar 16 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oot
Tiger

11th Mar 16 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a huge free open market out there that we are blinkered to because of Europe. Let's get out there and get our fingers in some bigger pies and at the same time, get control of our borders and stop the wankers in Brussels, that don't care about our problems, making decisions on our behalf. Stop the multi billions of pounds that we have to pay to be an EU member and start fixing our own problems with that money rather than worrying about issues on other peoples doorsteps.

[Edited on 11-03-2016 by Tiger]
Ellis

11th Mar 16 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
The only people saying stay seem to be big businesses.

That's a rather sweeping statement given that approx. 50% of the population are currently in favour of remaining within the EU.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised, thought there would be more idiots out there than that
Kev_GSI

11th Mar 16 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am unsure but with having a house over in europe if we leave I hope I dont get fucked over with more taxes for it being a second home
Ellis

11th Mar 16 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I agree the current arrangements between the UK & EU need renegotiation, I can't help but look at many points and all I see are the positives. Take employment law for example, standard items we take for granted now; maternity leave, maximum working hours, anti-discrimination, equal pay, data-protection are all from EU law.

Let's not forget the Tory's have not ruled out leaving the European Convention on Human Rights if a 'Brexit' came about. In the ECHR you have such things we are used to like the right to a fair trial, right to privacy and laws against discrimination.

I don't want any freeloading migrants in the UK just as much as the next bloke but there are some positives that come of our EU membership. I do however concede there is an inordinate amount of money sent to Brussels.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Mar 16 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All those things that have come from EU law don't just disappear if you leave.
Ellis

11th Mar 16 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
All those things that have come from EU law don't just disappear if you leave.

David Cameron has never ruled out leaving the ECHR when questioned. I don't suggest they would disappear, I am merely saying they would not be upheld by EU law if we parted ways from the ECHR.

I'm glad Scotland are protected under devolved parliament, if the Tory's decided to push through abolishing the Human Rights Act then it would be not be applied north of the border. It's covered by the Scotland Act and cannot be amended directly from Westminster.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 16 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if they are not upheld - you can legislate locally.
AndyKent

11th Mar 16 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some irony in lots of (English) people wanting Scotland to remain part of the UK, and those same people saying no to EU.

Perfect example of sentimentality tweaking opinion....
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Mar 16 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, on a democratic basis Scottish people still elect the UK parliament which is more control than UK voters have over the European Commission.
Ben G

12th Mar 16 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From.a business point of view e.g my job, it's a definite stay as my employers would surely break ties with their Europe brand in place currently.

From a personal view, leave! We were fine before it and will be fine after. It may take a while to become stable, but in the long term it will be better.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Mar 16 at 03:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does the break in ties represent? I'm sure they'd continue to do what is best for the company.
whitter45

12th Mar 16 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me the known is what happens if we stay

The unknown is what happens if we leave and the affects will take years anyway - minimum of 2 years to leave the EU with legislation, regulation and law

I'm not sure but no one can seem to say what the benefits are for sure for leaving which IMO is a big gamble to take - might not be a bad gamble but it's a huge decision and in the hands of milliins who are not educated enough to make an informed decision
Steve
Premium Member

12th Mar 16 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Staying is equally as unknown

Tell us what the EU will be like in 5 years time

Tell us the implications of Turkey joining the EU

Tell us the outcome of this refugee crisis if it gets out of hand
Ben G

12th Mar 16 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What does the break in ties represent? I'm sure they'd continue to do what is best for the company.

You would have thought so, but we've already had a letter given to us explaining the detrimental affect it would have to the company if we left the EU.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.3700740 seconds