corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows 10 - WiFi connection issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows 10 - WiFi connection issues
deano87

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 16 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I have been suffering with WiFi connection issues on my laptop for some time. I thought it was a poor PlusNet modem/router and old 1900's house with thick damp walls. However always thought it might be my laptop as the Roku and our Android phones have no issues.

It was really bad the other day (WiFi connection dropping out showing the yellow exclamation mark, or page not loading despite having access) so I ran a load of updates including the latest Windows 10 with Cortana, driver updates, uninstalled Kaspersky and fully updated Windows Defender.

Still no luck. Then I noticed something strange. I was working off the battery and it was poor, so I carried on trying to figure out the issue plugged in to the AC adapter and the WiFi sorted itself out.

Turns out Windows 10 tries to save battery a bit too much and limits the wireless adapter effectiveness when on battery. There was a setting in general power management and also an Auot 20/40 signal strength setting on the wireless adapter itself.

So far, so good. So if anyone is struggling, just ensure your power settings are all up to date. I'm no 100% which cured mine, but I think it was in the power settings of the laptop minimizing performance of the wireless adapter.

eyeopen
Banned

User status: Offline
5th Jan 16 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got same problem! erm let me know if you find answer , I have to restart sometimes works. I was going to still might blame VM

sorry just read it all properly this time,

how do I update the adaptor? I did driver update etc, but mine is always on power cable as battery only lasts like 20 mins.

[Edited on 05-01-2016 by eyeopen]

New Poll