corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Our House Story - update 22/06/15 Plastering

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Our House Story - update 22/06/15 Plastering
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
   11th Jun 15 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it all started a couple of years ago when I wanted to move out of my parents and get my own place. So I asked the other half if she wanted to buy somewhere with me which he answer was no, in case we lived together and it didn't work out. So I went on the hunt for a flat in my price range, purchased it, did it all up and then she said she wanted to buy somewhere together.

No biggie as in this time I made an absolute fortune on the flat by the time I sold it, which actually sold in less than a day for quite a bit more than asking and we went on the hunt for somewhere to live. We knew we wanted a house that we could do stuff to and try and potentially make some money on again, yet it needed to be in a better location that suited us both. We managed to find a 3 bed mid-terrace house that was around a 5 minute walk from my work and a 10 minute drive from hers so it was ideal!

Cue 3 months later and we had the keys to this place!

The gardens all OK and we won't be doing anything to it for a while apart from giving it all a good feed and looking after it!

Only addition here...

And the view out the front isn't too bad either!

The kitchen on the other hand needs an entire refit and doesn't look like its been touched for some time, its also actually a different kitchen on the left hand side to the right side! The long term plan here is to take down the left hand wall, brick up the kitchen door and put a window in so the kitchen can come right round and where the dining room window is at the moment, take that out and replace it with some french doors.

The living room/dining room isn't too bad, not what we would pick but we will live with it for a while until we get to it. It looks a lot better with my sofa etc. in also. The previous owners had a very saggy black leather sofa if I remember.

The bedrooms upstairs are already all stripped, and hopefully the plasterer will be in next week, they did all look similar to this, and all 3 had wallpaper on the ceiling!

And now all 3 looks like this...

The electrician is round for the next few days too rewiring some bits and pieces, and putting in down lights upstairs and down stairs and as we go we will have the rooms skimmed as other bits and pieces are added loike sockets and things removed that the previous owners bodged together!

So the house is currently like this, but we are getting there and only 3 weeks in!

[Edited on 22-06-2015 by dan_m1les]
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's with the spur in the bedroom?

Looks like a good place though with a load of potential :thumb:

P.s - What Nike's are they?
Marc

11th Jun 15 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, varnishing the floorboards?

And lol at you pair holding the sign!
dan_m1les

11th Jun 15 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
What's with the spur in the bedroom?

Looks like a good place though with a load of potential :thumb:

P.s - What Nike's are they?

They had a double bed in there which touched 3 of the walls so the only plug in the room was inaccessible, it's was a total hash job and has since been removed and the existing socket is going to turn into a double and the sparky is going to add another double.

No idea on the shoes, they were a Christmas present, I think they may be SB's?

Found them...

http://www.routeone.co.uk/nike-sb-zoom-stefan-janoski-skate-shoes-base-grey-white-venom-green-15.html

[Edited on 11-06-2015 by dan_m1les]
dan_m1les

11th Jun 15 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Nice, varnishing the floorboards?

And lol at you pair holding the sign!

They would all need relaying to keep the boards, some of the gaps are so big I could loose my car keys down them!

Yeah the sign was the mrs's idea as we were sitting around for keys! You can tell I'm impressed!
dan_m1les

16th Jun 15 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To keep this updated, we've had the electricians in for the last 4 days going through all the electrics and fitting downlights in every room apart from the kitchen, as these will be done when the kitchens replaced. We've also had an alarm guy in to fit our alarm with a few upgrades and a new fuse board fitted too as the old one was ancient and was a pain if anything tripped as you had to replace the wire in the fuse!

The bedroom lights aren't all the way in as the plasterers will be taking them out anyways.

So next people in are the plasterers to skim 3 bedrooms and then the plumber to move some radiators and potentially replace the boiler!

pow
Premium Member

16th Jun 15 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw your Saab parked up in the driveway yesterday morning as I took an... ermm... alternative route to work!
dan_m1les

16th Jun 15 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Saw your Saab parked up in the driveway yesterday morning as I took an... ermm... alternative route to work!

I imagine you drove past quite often? How's your house coming along?
pow
Premium Member

17th Jun 15 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do a little, I use that little back road to cut out the trading estate My place has tenants in now mate.
random dav
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work. Downlighters LED or halogen?

WRLFC !

Project cars
dan_m1les

19th Jun 15 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav

All LED dimmable with a 5 year guarantee on the bulb and the holder, Aurora M10's with a Satin bezel I think if of interest.

The 2nd bedroom is being skimmed on Sunday and the alarm is finished tomorrow now we have a working phone line.

dan_m1les

22nd Jun 15 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the plasterers in yesterday to start skimming the bedrooms and they managed to get the 2nd bedroom and the ceiling of the 3rd done in a day which is quite impressive! They are coming back next Saturday and Sunday to finish the job and we can then finally start to think about paint etc for the rooms!

2nd Bedroom

3rd Bedroom Ceiling

Gary
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guvvy job for the sparks by any chance?
dan_m1les

22nd Jun 15 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Guvvy job for the sparks by any chance?

Come again?
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guvvy job - job done on the side rather than for a company you work for.
dan_m1les

22nd Jun 15 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Guvvy job - job done on the side rather than for a company you work for.

Oh right, a friend of mine has his own company so he did the job with one of his guys, what makes you think it was don on the side?

[Edited on 22-06-2015 by dan_m1les]
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those fuse boards get used in council work and are expensive so not many folk use them for jobs of their own that's all
dan_m1les

22nd Jun 15 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Those fuse boards get used in council work and are expensive so not many folk use them for jobs of their own that's all

Oh I see, I just asked for a board that would be suitable to outlive the house etc. and I was getting hte bits at trade so the cost of things wasn't that scary in the end
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough. I'd fit them all day long but most folk don't want 200quids worth of board fitting when 50 quid screwfix job will do the same job.
Dom

22nd Jun 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair enough. I'd fit them all day long but most folk don't want 200quids worth of board fitting when 50 quid screwfix job will do the same job.

Isn't it just a bog-standard Wylex board? They aren't that expensive when i was pricing one up a while back.
dan_m1les

22nd Jun 15 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Isn't it just a bog-standard Wylex board? They aren't that expensive when i was pricing one up a while back.

The board is about £30, by the time it's full of RCD's at £20-£30 a go it soon stacks up!
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_m1les

The board is about £30, by the time it's full of RCD's at £20-£30 a go it soon stacks up!

No need to have an RCD on every circuit though, I believe building regs only stipulates RCD on any 'wet' circuit so Kitchen, Bathroom, Garden etc.

You can stick MCB's on every other circuit and they are a fraction of the price.
BYRON

25th Jun 15 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

All LED dimmable with a 5 year guarantee on the bulb and the holder, Aurora M10's with a Satin bezel I think if of interest.

Good choice. Our electrician recommended these to us - did you go for cool white? We opted for chrome bezels
dan_m1les

26th Jun 15 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
quote:
quote:

Good choice. Our electrician recommended these to us - did you go for cool white? We opted for chrome bezels

Yeah for all of them, one of them died the other night but the supplier sent a replacement and was fixed in 24 hours. My electrician said in the 3 years he's been fitting these particular lights, that its only the second faulty one hes ever had and hes fitted hundreds if not thousands of them.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

No need to have an RCD on every circuit though, I believe building regs only stipulates RCD on any 'wet' circuit so Kitchen, Bathroom, Garden etc.

You can stick MCB's on every other circuit and they are a fraction of the price.

Nothing to do with building regs. Rcd unless cable is 50mm deep in wall, floor and ceiling or protected by earthed sheath or protected from penetration from nails etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll