corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Urgent Help required [Plastering] New Plasterer in [18/07/08]

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent Help required [Plastering] New Plasterer in [18/07/08]
corsa.in.boro

User status: Offline
29th Apr 08 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the meantime id get quotes to put it rite and move on... will probably cost less that the original job. Hack the corners and bad bit off yourself and get the pro';s in.
RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already set up ready to go; just can't touch anything until we know whats happening
corsa.in.boro

29th Apr 08 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id just move on, he will never pay costs and court would cost alot more... He will just end up saying he will put the work rite and you dont want that...
RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's the one pursuing us for payment! Not the other way; I've just told him I'm not paying and thats that. I don't want to end up in court - he does!

However I've had a report done by an independant assessor which I've forwarded to him giving him 7 working days to respond and issue a court writ; or drop it at this stage.

I've already checked and I don't have to let him put the job right if I/the independant assessor deems him unfit to carry out the work - only problem is I have to give him time to respond and until then I can't put the job right or even tidy up after him
MikeE

29th Apr 08 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is properly fucked up lee i cant belive someone could leave a job in that state id never do that. And caluk in the corners what a fucking chancer. hope it gets sorted
pow
Premium Member

30th Apr 08 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I could do a better job than that, an i'm an office boy
BigSte

30th Apr 08 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is so bad it's untrue...... worst plastering I have ever seen in my life!
Whoever did that should retire immediately
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jul 08 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 months down the line and the new plasterer starts tomorrow; we've knocked most of the shit off but the new palsterer is doing the remaining prep work.

Still might end up in court, Federation of Master Builders were helpful but not really that useful so I wrote to the previous plasterer and told him to take me to court but if he does, I'll counter sue him; otherwise its all dropped.
Regardless he's got no evidence as he never came to the house again or carried out an independent assessment; we've had two, plus have over 1500 photos and a 25 minute film so if he does take us to court then he has to rely on my evidence

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jul 08 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

updates of the new job this weekend!
Russ

17th Jul 08 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my plasterer is coming tomorow to do my kicthen, he came last friday but only did the celieng
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jul 08 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updates;

Knocked off the old plaster and Re-prepared with "Thistle Bond-It"

I was quite shocked to walk into a green house yesterday but plastering starts today

Excuse quality of photos; I had works old camera with no flash and it was going dark

more updates after the weekend
BigSte

18th Jul 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why have they painted it green?
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jul 08 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a textured bonding agent called "Thistle Bond IT"
Fad

18th Jul 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read this thread that is possibly the most shocking bit of plastering i've seen, I had a go a few weeks ago and as long as you take your time and apply yourself you can acheive great results.

Just hope it all works out properly this time.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll