corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Urgent Help required [Plastering] New Plasterer in [18/07/08]

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent Help required [Plastering] New Plasterer in [18/07/08]
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   20th Apr 08 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is anyone a plasterer on here or a member of the Federation of Master Builders?

I'll explain if someone is but I've started proceedings against our plasterer for the complete fuck up of a job which he thinks is perfect

Updated!

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by LiVe LeE]

[Edited on 18-07-2008 by LiVe LeE]
Russ

20th Apr 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics?
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 08 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will upload some in a bit; I've got a member of the Guild of Master Craftsmen coming at 3.30 to do an independant report on the work.

I tired to come to an amicable agreement yesterday; he ended up toe to toe with my Dad; got really abusive and really defended his work even though we're unhappy with the work and we've had a number of other proffessions in the building trade in the house who also said they'd never seen anything like it

I offered him the chance to put it right but he said that we'd have to pay more to have the changes weve asked for which might not even work!

Theres even plaster on the shed roof round the back; even though the upstairs windows dont open (I've snapped the key in the locks) and they didn't have a back door key - his resposne was that "it'll come off" wtf not the point; it shouldn't be there
Colin

20th Apr 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you paid him for the work? Just tell him to bolt & get someone else in to do the work!?
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 08 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haven't paid him but he's now getting his own independent assesor in from the Federation of Master Builder's and "will see us in court"
Oh and we have to pay half the cost of his assessor.

I am getting someone in to finish the work but at the moment were not allowed to touch anything as both assessors have to see it in its current state.

Hes tipped al lthe waste plaster down the front garden; which although I'm not too pissed off about because the whole lots being dug up soon; he's managed to get it in next door's garden
MikeE

20th Apr 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a right cowboy cnut. what you had done replaster, has he left trowl marks everywere
Colin

20th Apr 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take plenty pictures of the damage, post some up
RichR
Premium Member

21st Apr 08 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Independant assessor had seen nothing like it in his life; I'll post pics tomorrow.

As it stands he is taking us to court to sue us for the cost of the job as I refuse to pay but on the recommendation of the independent assessor; we are counter-suing him for 1 months mortgage and bill payments as we're not allowed to touch the house now until all investigations are complete; the Assessors costs, the clean up, bedding plants for our neighbour where he's thrown plaster mix over their garden and will not pay him the bill either so he stands to lose out more.

We've got to get a mediator from the Federation of Master Builders but as he is a memeber we have two independent assessors attending on the same day

[Edited on 21-04-2008 by LiVe LeE]
p4uls corsa

21st Apr 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God seems like a right nightmare hope you get it sorted mate
RichR
Premium Member

21st Apr 08 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The independent assessor is a lecturer of Plastering at a construction college; his words were that it was a novice job; undertaken with no due care and attention. There are five steps to achieve a good finish and he reckons they have skipped stages 1 and 2, done 3, half done 4 and not bothered with 5.

The walls are already cracking like mad in the bathroom; so much so I could never tile in there because the weight of the tiles would pull the plaster off.

He's done too thin a skim, whihc has been flatted down using dirty water [from the"mop" bucket; used too much water and overworked the plaster in every room. They've put no corner beading anywhere and filled the corners with Caulking [no plaster behind the caulking]and run their thumbs down the corners giving a shit finish; there isn't one good corner in the job, every wall has "vibration marks"
MikeE

21st Apr 08 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell ive seen rough plastering but that sounds like the meaning of a cowboy plasterer no way should he even expect you to pay if its that bad
BigSte

22nd Apr 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much has this asshole done for you? The whole house or just a couple of rooms?

Sounds like a right cowboy, my cousin has only been plastering 12 months and his work is as good as my uncle's who's been doing it 25 years.... sounds like he's not had much training!!
Russ

22nd Apr 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plastering is hard as fuck, i'd build a house from scratch but leave the plastering to somebody else
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Apr 08 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the whole of the upstairs. In fairness; all the work of his we've ever seen has been spot on - really first rate building and roofing work. We had no reason to suspect he would do this level of work with the plastering.

I think that the main guy hasn't been on the job; he's dropped three younger guys off to do the work and know's he's in the wrong and that they've fucked up but won't admit it because it was his decision to leave "inexperienced" lads alone

[Edited on 22-04-2008 by LiVe LeE]
BigSte

22nd Apr 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it is definitely a skill..... can imagine it's bloody tiring as well.

I don't know how these people can sleep at night knowing they have gone into someones house and made a complete balls up.

I got a joiner round to fir me 4 internal doors and his work was terrible....

I'd feel really guilty and wouldn't be able to do it!
stubbsy05

22nd Apr 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always only employ people I have been recomended.
The guys I used before xmas (gf dad) were pretty good. I have gone back to using the guy I usually use, he is 69 and has been doing it all of his life. His workmanship is spot on!
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

24th Apr 08 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some pics up, my bro is a plasterer
RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mess inside and outside:

Not too fussed about the mess; I'm more fussed about this........

RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the corners

Bathroom Crners escaped the caulking, but did get 1" radii in all corners

RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cracking in the bathroom; this has spread since the photos, right across the wall, round the corner and under the window

Jenko_Sport

29th Apr 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy Shit

I did a better job the first time i every tried to plaster.
RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's annoying is; I can plaster better than that; I just wanted a perfect finish -which is why I got a "proffessional" in
corsa.in.boro

29th Apr 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG that is awful - did you part with alot of money?
RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not paid a penny yet and don't intend to - we've found out since that the main guy who we thought was doing the job only dropped the lads off at the house, then went off to do some other work leaving the "lads" there alone.

I think he knows its a fuck up but he won't admit it because its his fault.

I've given him until the 7th May to respond to my letter; if he doesn't we won't pay but nor can he pursue costs. If he want's to go to court I'm suing for the rectificationwork, time delay and clear up

[Edited on 29-04-2008 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll