corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » World's slowest Renovation Project [updated 30/01/12]

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author World's slowest Renovation Project [updated 30/01/12]
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 09 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the bath panelling; better in real life (honest ) the panel which was supplied with the bath was curved with a shelf/step where it met the bath- it looked gash.

The bath panel will be stained/painted/washed to match the skirting and architrave in the bathroom
mattk

4th Feb 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our bath panel is the same as that, will look good stained
RichR
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was trying to hint at a ski chalet look if that makes sense
ash_corsa

4th Feb 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah rite, might look better once stained.

I just think it would look better tiled on-top of the wood, it maybe a bit too much tile then though

RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Upstairs almost complete

Oak Doors fitted; painting and wall papering finished; frames all glossed and carpets went down yesterday! Just need furniture now which we should be sorting this weekend

chimney breast

M2RTY

29th Apr 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the paper from mate? Looks good, can't wait for my carpets to go down but will be the last job I think!
RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham & brown

We're fortunatei n that the upstairs can be well sealed from the downstairs and the building work thats happening down there; so we cracked on to get upstairs finished
RichR
Premium Member

28th May 10 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a really slow year on the house, I really lost my heart for it after the idiot plasterer but I've started to get back into it now and especially now me and the missus have split up; I've decided that I want to properly get stuck in and get it finished - it'll take my mind off things and I love being at the house again now - really cosy, comfortable feeling when I stay there now. Few photos over the last 12 months

Font bedroom

Main Bedroom

Bathroom

View from sitting on the pan - never need to shut the door

Office

and Landing

Loft hatch I made

Airing Cupboard (All my own work - last weekend)

RichR
Premium Member

28th May 10 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the log burner which came last week

and the reason that nothing ever gets done on the house - the contents of the fridge

Champagne, Wine, Beer, Cider, Gin, Vodka (Snow Queen and Smirnoff) and a pot of Salsa dip!

whitter45

28th May 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that mirror on the landing is too BIG IMO

Looking good though mate
RichR
Premium Member

28th May 10 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the photo does make it look over bearing but in reality, it does work well and it makes what is essentially a small space feel much bigger and gets some light to reflect into the stair well as well. Plus, that space of wall wouldbe redundant otherwise
RichR
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, no photos but after not doing anything since May on the hosue because I hated it and everything it represented - I've really got stuck in again since getting back from France; Loft is all finished; double boarded and shelved out; The electrician has been in and we got an actual light turned on downstairs last night - only to check the circuitry was all working; now its disconnected and ready for me to board out in palces ready for plastering.

I'll get some update photos soon but if I am having a midlife crisis as Ed/Pow think, its manifesting itself with finishing the house!!
noshua

21st Jan 11 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really nice - you obviously love your warm wooden furniture

However, get that/a TV mounted directly in front of the double bed - it'll look a million times better!
RichR
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my room I will; that's just the guest/spare bedroom so won't be used much anyway
RichR
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not made much progress with this house for various reasons but back working on it again now; got my bedroom pretty much done

Gary
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the stove. Nice gaff mate
RichR
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and on with the fireplace now, just waiting for flue liner and register plate to arrive from the fabricators and get it finished

[Edited on 30-01-2012 by LiVe LeE]
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did that hearth set you back. was planning on putting some thick slates like that
RichR
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

600x300x22mm tiles with rough cut edges, I had to run them down on my tile cutter to give a straight edge to work with though - tiles cost £50(ish), replacement tile cutter was about the same again after I blew the motor in the first
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking back at the pictures from before, youve clearly come a long way.

Well done, looking great

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
RichR
Premium Member

31st Jan 12 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it'd be nice to get it finished, given all the ups and downs that have caused the slow progress but set some targets in sight now which I'll try and stick to

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll