corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
4th Jul 15 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nics been watching the wheeler dealers episode where they bought a cheap E39 M5 and sold it for profit. IMO of course but I could be wrong.
kennySRi

4th Jul 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed with Tom, an M5 will drop down each year until it hits £5k and then depending on if it's considered as a classic car will it only start to rise again.

As for this corsa though, I honestly can't see you wanting it after a year or two and still paying that per month must be a mistake. I understand an 18yr old wanting to do it but what if you want to buy a house in the near future, that money could come in handy.

Also I understand the idea of leasing seen as its hassle free motoring but with a financed car what happens when it breaks? I'm guessing it's your car so you'll have to pay for it? I honestly don't see why you would want to buy a new car on finance, surely if you would a bigger more luxury car would be a better option.

A corsa vxr is just the same type of car to that mini or Leon that you had and you can buy them outright.

Seems a very odd thing to do at your age wanting to be tied down to a hatchback for the next 5 years and knowing with our previous cars record you will want to change it.

Sorry if that was a bit of a paul_j essay but I seriously wouldn't rush into something like this. Muppet has a better idea with the M5 (apart from the future cost of it) because at least with a car like that it'll always be something half decent and wouldn't get bored of it and will suit any aged person driving it.
Ben G

4th Jul 15 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Deffo going performance pack, iv got them down to 269 a month if I put a deposit of a grand up front

How have you got them down then? You're just paying the extra £20 a month in one lump sum.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 15 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the previous offer of 289 a grand up front was bringing the payments down 12 a month. Now they have bought the payments down by 20 a month so they must have reduced the final total

[Edited on 04-07-2015 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 15 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get to 270 before the latest offer I would have had to put up 1500 deposit

[Edited on 04-07-2015 by Steve]
Jambo

4th Jul 15 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Performance pack is worth it IMO.

Same as Astra VXR, albeit only visual. Have you seen a standard one? Looks like a 1.6! The VXR pack is around £2k.
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 15 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
im aiming to pay that per month for an m5 and it will be worth similar to what it cost me to buy when I sell it.

How long are you keeping it for? A day?

Unless something is super rare or high in demand it's loosing value. An M5 being neither IMO
well you are wrong. Also my van isn't rare but that is not going down in value it's going up. I reckon in 5 years the m5 would be worth very similar to what it cost.

Behave, e39s can be had for 5 grand, what makes you think e60s are going to hold value so well, there still on the drop now, seen them as cheap as 12k, they don't depreciate as fast as a lot of other cars I'll gove you that, but what you planning on spending 16k ish for a good one? And you think in 5 years time it'll be worth 16k? No chance.
last 2-3 years they have hardly dropped money. I said it will be worth similar.
--ToM--

4th Jul 15 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last 2-3 years the f10 m5 has been relitavely new still so the e60 will hold value, in 5 years time the f10s will be 8+ year old cars and not worth anywhere near what the are now bringing the value of the e60 down aswell the same as what happened with the e39 when the e60s dropped, basically, it won't be worth similar.
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 15 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i disagree, however, that's your opinion and I have mine.
--ToM--

4th Jul 15 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is true.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 15 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know the legal standpoint for cancelling an order and getting the deposit back?

Dealer that i placed the order with last weekend hinting that the 500 deposit is non refundable.
ShEp

4th Jul 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Anyone know the legal standpoint for cancelling an order and getting the deposit back?

Dealer that i placed the order with last weekend hinting that the 500 deposit is non refundable.

Was there not part of the deal they weren't sticking too with pricing etc?

You can claim the deposit back if the deal was changed etc and you have changed your mind due to the changes.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 15 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The original order I placed with them, they would be honouring.

Wondered if I was covered by this

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/different-ways-of-buying/buying-by-internet-mail-order-or-phone/cancelling-a-distance-sale-order/cooling-off-period-when-you-buy-goods-distance-sale/

Also on the original receipt I received nowhere does it state the deposit is non refundable. Nor was I told that over the phone.

Iv just sent an email to them because I was told i need to speak to the managing director to cancel but hes not in until monday, that would be outside of the 7 day cooling off. So I have emailed in an official desire to cancel.

Wankers, sick of them, could understand if I cancelled late into the order, but a few days after I placed it, they also said the 14 day cooling off only applies to finance agreements and was waffling on about costs to them for arranging the deal and applying for the finance etc
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jul 15 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
im aiming to pay that per month for an m5 and it will be worth similar to what it cost me to buy when I sell it.

How long are you keeping it for? A day?

Unless something is super rare or high in demand it's loosing value. An M5 being neither IMO
well you are wrong. Also my van isn't rare but that is not going down in value it's going up. I reckon in 5 years the m5 would be worth very similar to what it cost.

Behave, e39s can be had for 5 grand, what makes you think e60s are going to hold value so well, there still on the drop now, seen them as cheap as 12k, they don't depreciate as fast as a lot of other cars I'll gove you that, but what you planning on spending 16k ish for a good one? And you think in 5 years time it'll be worth 16k? No chance.
last 2-3 years they have hardly dropped money. I said it will be worth similar.

Will you be buying it from a dealer?
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 15 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know yet really
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jul 15 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you buy from a dealer then no chance will it be worth similar money IMO.
Ben G

4th Jul 15 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends really. Couple years ago you could get a decent Z4M for 12k from a dealer. Will be worth the same money private now.

BMW ///M is shit and weird.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 15 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastardos refunded me In the end. So that's ordered now
Ben G

4th Jul 15 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a confirmed real life order or one of the made up fantasies going on in your head?
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jul 15 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Z4M isn't really comparable though seeing as they haven't made another since which makes it a bit more exclusive.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 15 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Is it a confirmed real life order or one of the made up fantasies going on in your head?

Watch your mouth else il open you up like a can of beans
Ben G

4th Jul 15 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Z4M isn't really comparable though seeing as they haven't made another since which makes it a bit more exclusive.

That is true. Hadn't thought of that.
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've watched the prices of m5s for a couple of years now as i realised I could afford them and there hasn't been much change tbh.
antnee

6th Jul 15 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRiAlso I understand the idea of leasing seen as its hassle free motoring but with a financed car what happens when it breaks? I'm guessing it's your car so you'll have to pay for it? I honestly don't see why you would want to buy a new car on finance, surely if you would a bigger more luxury car would be a better option.

If a new car breaks, it goes back to the dealer to be repaired under warranty. The only expenditure on a 2-3 year lease should be tyres, servicing and maybe a set of front brakes.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone here know that I ordered a new corsa vxr in white with a performance pack?

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 22 database queries in 0.1999199 seconds