corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for?

Poll: Are you voting? If so, who for?
Conservative 49 (37.98%)
Labour 6 (4.65%)
Lib dems 8 (6.2%)
UKIP 25 (19.38%)
Green 2 (1.55%)
SNP 9 (6.98%)
Other(state) 2 (1.55%)
Not voting, we're shagged whoever wins. 28 (21.71%)

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are you voting? If so, who for?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
10th May 15 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Love how Ian is saying it's Facebook bollocks and is quoting £90ph for sign language interpreters. Guessing you saw that in the Daily Mail?

No, in the document referred to in the article, which I read.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/426416/future-of-access-to-work-equality-analysis.pdf

quote:

Central Contracting of BSL interpreters

Background
There are around 1,100 registered BSL interpreters serving around 25,000 BSL users in the UK. Hourly rates are typically £35-£45 ph. but AtW has been quoted up to £90. This is significantly higher than foreign language interpreting.

Did you read it?

Did MoesTavern read it?

Did half of Facebook read it?

It then goes on to discuss the affect of a cap -

quote:
Numbers affected
There is no data to indicate how many customers may have been affected by the 30 hour guidance, but Access to Work currently has 5,750 Deaf and hearing loss customers, 3,084 of whom have awards for BSL interpretation (although not all of these would be for more than 30 hours a week). The average spend on
interpreters per BSL user is £9,582. Although this is significantly higher than average spend [per user across the scheme] , it is comfortably within any of the options for a cap level.

As you can see, the proposed caps do nothing for this group anyway, hence why the caps are not the main focus of the document.

Don't you fucking dare suggest I rely soly on the DM for information

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nurses reduced by 6000

http://www.nhsconfed.org/resources/key-statistics-on-the-nhs

quote:
There were 18,432 more NHS nurses in 2014 compared to ten years earlier. The number has increased by an annual average of 0.5 per cent over that period.

quote:
There were 5,729 more GPs and 1,688 more practice nurses employed by GPs in 2014 than ten years earlier.

quote:
Since 2004 the number of professionally qualified clinical staff within the NHS has risen by 12.7 per cent. This rise includes an increase in doctors of 27.6 per cent; a rise in the number of nurses of 5.1 per cent; and 8.1 per cent more qualified ambulance staff.

However, there are cuts in NHS staff -

quote:
The number of managers and senior managers increased slightly in 2014, having declined in each of the previous four years. However 37,078 was the second lowest total since 2004.

And if you're wondering why waiting times are going up -

quote:
In 2013/14 there were 64 per cent more operations completed by the NHS compared to 2003/04, with an increase from 6.712m to 11.030m.

Don't even get me started on Trussel Trust food banks which are recruited by a private sales team in order to establish new banks.

Uni fees a great thing for the pedigree of degrees.

etc. etc.

Some lovely headlines but if there's one thing the lefties don't love its detail.
Russ

10th May 15 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got any stats for 5 years earlier?
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately not but you're welcome to go find some and prove me wrong.

That period in that doc includes both parties.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
It's arguable the result would have been the same whoever was in power.

Yet the Tories used it (and are still using it) as evidence of labour's financial mismanagement.

Its also arguable that they had overspent prior to the shit really going down, hence having exposed the country to debt they were unable to grow out of it.

I don't think for one minute anyone is suggesting they caused it, but its a question of being in a position to foresee or in the very least, make steps to mitigate market conditions.

Similar analogy to buying a big house and being mortgaged up so you're right on the limit of your affordability. That's fine if the house is going to go up in price, your LTV when you re-mortgage after your fixed period will be better, you'll get a better rate and your payments are going down and all the time you've got a house which is worth more. So it kind of looks sound. Until interest rates go up in the middle of it and you're fucked.*

* btw I'm not indicating the interest rates or mortgage rates or house prices have anything to do with it. Its a question of exposure for me.

You over-spend prior to a crash going on, you're exposed to said crash. That is their fault.
Russ

10th May 15 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Because it's unfair austerity?
Child poverty at its highest levels - people shouldn't have kids if they can't take care of them.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Ben G]
get rid of help to buy as well then? can't afford a house then stay at home with parents?

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Russ]
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The solution to house prices is to build more but guess who gets in the way of most land sales?

There's also some major economic distinctions between buying a house and raising a child.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaron

10th May 15 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got kids Russ?
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-05-09/scuffles-between-police-and-protesters-and-anti-tory-demonstration-at-downing-street/

looking at the picture, this is just students deciding to cause a bit of shit again
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah nice one
Russ

10th May 15 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The solution to house prices is to build more but guess who gets in the way of most land sales?

UK Law?
Russ

10th May 15 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
You got kids Russ?
i have a child yes
Russ

10th May 15 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
http://www.itv.com/news/2015-05-09/scuffles-between-police-and-protesters-and-anti-tory-demonstration-at-downing-street/

looking at the picture, this is just students deciding to cause a bit of shit again
just feel sorry for the police in these situations, anyone who cant protest peacefully deserve what they get
pow
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maggie Thatcher made this country great

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by pow]
Russ

10th May 15 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Maggie Thatcher made this country great

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by pow]
Russ

10th May 15 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

10th May 15 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Because it's unfair austerity?
Child poverty at its highest levels - people shouldn't have kids if they can't take care of them.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Ben G]
get rid of help to buy as well then? can't afford a house then stay at home with parents?

Agreed. I didn't use that so wouldn't affect me whatsoever.
Aaron

10th May 15 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
You got kids Russ?
i have a child yes

Cool

Still in a healthy relationship/marriage with said child's mother?
Russ

10th May 15 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

her mum was eaten by a killer whale at seaworld

joke

she was hit by an m5 at a bus stop

Aaron

10th May 15 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll take that as a no then

IMO, here's one of the issues gripping this nation (and yes, probably others). The number of young and broken families concerns me. Working in the state education system for the last 15 years has made me see this issue get worse and worse.
Russ

10th May 15 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aww you think i'm young? you charmer
Aaron

10th May 15 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're younger then me, and i'm still young () so yes.
Russ

10th May 15 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't see how 'broken families' are an issue.

the real issue is shit mothers and fathers who dont care for their children. if a child is loved by both and cared for properly, that's what it is important.
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I grew up with divorced parents and it's made bugger all difference to any level of success I've achieved. Similarly with a lot of friends.

As Russ says, the issue is more with parents who don't really give a shit, not ones that still love their kids and provide for them regardless of whether they get on with the other parent.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for? 25 database queries in 0.1046979 seconds