corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for?

Poll: Are you voting? If so, who for?
Conservative 49 (37.98%)
Labour 6 (4.65%)
Lib dems 8 (6.2%)
UKIP 25 (19.38%)
Green 2 (1.55%)
SNP 9 (6.98%)
Other(state) 2 (1.55%)
Not voting, we're shagged whoever wins. 28 (21.71%)

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are you voting? If so, who for?
MoesTavern

User status: Offline
10th May 15 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
What you've contributed is much more valuable to the thread.

Could be worse, i could be posting clickbait.

You can keep repeating the phrase Dom, it doesn't make it any more true.
Ben G

10th May 15 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically your excuses for not relocating are having no money, yet said people would rather complain than do something about it.

Plenty of people move away, start fresh and succeed in life. If they all had the same thought as some people on here, they'd be living on rice and beans for the rest of their lives.

As said, work hard and achieve.

**was meant to quote, but didn't. In reply to nibnob and whoever else has this view**

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Ben G]
Dom

10th May 15 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
...it doesn't make it any more true.

You posted clickbait articles; not sure why you're trying to dispute that
Aaron

10th May 15 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replace "4" with "6"

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Aaron]
MoesTavern

10th May 15 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a meaningless, patronising term. And you're using it to dismiss articles I've posted that you don't agree with. 'Clickbait' 'copypasta' 'drivel' etc.

Are you unable to engage on any other level?
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you understand that the article is a complete non-story?

Facebook - ergo a LOT of people - are all at it.

Its not your fault you didn't read it before posting, you're certainly not alone.

nibnob21
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the record, my partner and I both moved 200 miles because of a job offer I got, so I'm not trying to defend myself or anyone I actually know for that matter. I just think it's easy to say 'ahh just move if things are that bad, if you don't you're lazy'. I personally don't believe it's as straightforward as that.

MX5 Project Thread
Aaron

10th May 15 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Agreed

But people like Russ appearing to whinge that there's no way out isn't the way either. There's always a way for people who are willing to work hard and persevere for a goal. Sadly though, i think many people want everything now now now.

kz

10th May 15 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

10th May 15 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charlie Brooker can go fuck himself.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Charlie Brooker thing is just a load of shit though.

You can say what you want about the Tory ethos. I'm sure you could be equally as insulting about self-righteous, loudmouth lefties.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might make one.

"Lefties are.. "

And just carry on making shit up until the box is full. Then get a smug looking photo of someone remotely famous to put their name to it.

No basis in politics. Doesn't help run a country. Isn't even accurate. Just something for these moaning pricks to share.
kz

10th May 15 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He may not have a basis in politics but obviously has an interest as he presents that show with David Mitchell & Jimmy Carr about lots of 'serious' subjects including politics.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So perhaps I'll listen to the points he makes. Still doesn't make some wanky little box any use.
Dom

10th May 15 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And you're using it to dismiss articles...

I am, along with everyone else here, dismissing your articles because they've got more holes that a sieve

And i am using the term clickbait because that's exactly what the articles are!
Russ

10th May 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
^ Agreed

But people like Russ appearing to whinge that there's no way out isn't the way either. There's always a way for people who are willing to work hard and persevere for a goal. Sadly though, i think many people want everything now now now.

I moved 200 miles away from home at 24 thanks
MoesTavern

10th May 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
And you're using it to dismiss articles...

I am, along with everyone else here, dismissing your articles because they've got more holes that a sieve

And i am using the term clickbait because that's exactly what the articles are!

If by 'everyone else here' you mean Ian then sure.
Dom

10th May 15 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If by 'everyone else here' you mean Ian then sure.

Think you need to re-read some of the replies as there's a few more people that just me and Ian.....
MoesTavern

10th May 15 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do you understand that the article is a complete non-story?

Facebook - ergo a LOT of people - are all at it.

Its not your fault you didn't read it before posting, you're certainly not alone.

I don't agree it's a complete non-story, no. From Peter Purton at the TUC:

"Skilled professionals only able to function because AtW paid for sign language interpreters will face a cap on how much they can claim. Having previously ham-fistedly tried to restrict costs by limiting support to 30 hours a week, then abandoning this after the outcry, they’ll achieve it a different way. What are the workers to do if AtW won’t cover the cost of the support they need? Sign language interpreters too are affected – they are skilled professionals, and their livings are now put at risk. A survey of interpreters many now thinking of abandoning their profession. This will be a disaster for deaf people and it will have been caused by government policy."

Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another lefty having a cry.

You'll notice - if you read the doc - that the *lowest* cap is £27k pa. The others are £40k and £54k. Which is more than enough to employ a BSL interpreter full time.

They went on to say this -

quote:
We recommend that DWP consult the BSL interpreting profession, through the Association of Sign Language Interpreters and the National Union of British Sign Language Interpreters, to establish suitable maximum permissible hourly, half-daily and daily rates for BSL interpretation funded by Access to Work.

The Government should also consult formally on improving the efficiency of the market for BSL interpreting services across the public sector. This consultation should consider steps which could be taken to increase the number of BSL interpreters in the UK.

A cross-government interpreters’ contract could offer consistent standards of accreditation and provide Access to Work users with a choice between the Government's provision and the open market. It will also enable us to achieve better value for money on the support that we offer our customers

Now quite obviously to anyone who has read it, the over-riding theme throughout the document is to lower to on-cost of interpretation. Quite obviously to anyone who reads it, they're going to achieve this in two ways - to increase the supply of interpreters and employ them all on longer contracts.

What the fuck Peter Purton is reading I'm not clear.

Sign language interpreters are affected - their livings at risk? WTF. They won't be quoting £90ph for much longer, but they may be in a more secure contract?

Please read the thing and tell me your interpretation of it but these lefty cunts don't half want to find problems.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also listen to the service user quote -

quote:
“I do not want to recruit a salaried/employed interpreter. I do not want my employer to have that extra burden. Why should they? I am the employee of the organisation...this is my life and my career. I feel completely disempowered with this whole process. I want to have a career and I am frightened that companies will be put off employing deaf people in the future if they suddenly have to employ 2-3 people rather than one”

1. Who the fuck voted for this guy because he seems to be making decisions about recruitment of support services.

2. The employer *does* have a burden as soon as a disabled person applied. A burden for which they are *legally* required to make reasonable adjustments and in addition to their bare minimum legal obgliations, funded via AtW to make put additional support in place. That's not for debate, that is what is already going on.

3. You "feel" disempowered. Fuck off. You'll feel worse sitting at home. Put your hormones away.

4. You are frightened that companies don't want to employ deaf people. Well tough titty for them, its not their decision.

5. They suddenly have to employ 2-3 people. Not suddenly is it. You've always needed BSL interpretation. Nothing has changed, the support requirement didn't just grow out of the air. They suddenly might have additional contracts but I'd bet my marzipan hat that that's a load cheaper than the current sum total of all the ad hoc support.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 15 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cuts begin.

16 months ago.

Ben G

10th May 15 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people really are as thick as shit.
kz

10th May 15 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it matter when? Still under Cameron's government...
Ben G

10th May 15 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cuts are needed, unless you know of way of overspending without increasing debt?

Anyway, the point is these idiots genuinely believe this stuff only began on Friday.

The previous government was a coalition also.

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for? 25 database queries in 0.1309450 seconds