corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for?

Poll: Are you voting? If so, who for?
Conservative 49 (37.98%)
Labour 6 (4.65%)
Lib dems 8 (6.2%)
UKIP 25 (19.38%)
Green 2 (1.55%)
SNP 9 (6.98%)
Other(state) 2 (1.55%)
Not voting, we're shagged whoever wins. 28 (21.71%)

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are you voting? If so, who for?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
10th May 15 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Why does it matter when? Still under Cameron's government...

Yes, when the caption is 'And the cuts begin'.
MoesTavern

11th May 15 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Another lefty having a cry.

You'll notice - if you read the doc - that the *lowest* cap is £27k pa. The others are £40k and £54k. Which is more than enough to employ a BSL interpreter full time.

They went on to say this -

quote:
We recommend that DWP consult the BSL interpreting profession, through the Association of Sign Language Interpreters and the National Union of British Sign Language Interpreters, to establish suitable maximum permissible hourly, half-daily and daily rates for BSL interpretation funded by Access to Work.

The Government should also consult formally on improving the efficiency of the market for BSL interpreting services across the public sector. This consultation should consider steps which could be taken to increase the number of BSL interpreters in the UK.

A cross-government interpreters’ contract could offer consistent standards of accreditation and provide Access to Work users with a choice between the Government's provision and the open market. It will also enable us to achieve better value for money on the support that we offer our customers

Now quite obviously to anyone who has read it, the over-riding theme throughout the document is to lower to on-cost of interpretation. Quite obviously to anyone who reads it, they're going to achieve this in two ways - to increase the supply of interpreters and employ them all on longer contracts.

What the fuck Peter Purton is reading I'm not clear.

Sign language interpreters are affected - their livings at risk? WTF. They won't be quoting £90ph for much longer, but they may be in a more secure contract?

Please read the thing and tell me your interpretation of it but these lefty cunts don't half want to find problems.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Ian]

But the proposed method of lowering said costs, the Crown Commercial Service framework has been widely criticised, including by the NUBSLI:

Nicky Evans, Branch Secretary of the National Union for British Sign Language Interpreters (NUBSLI) said: “The national framework agreement cited in the statement is, in its current state, unworkable. It is set to decimate the BSL interpreting/translating profession. The consequences of will be profound and we expect to see a sharp decline in the quality of interpreting provision. It will not only affect AtW provision but Deaf people’s ability to access every area of society.”

And Teresa Pearce:

"More recently, the Government is failing to take heed of concerns raised by the interpreting community about the Crown Commercial Service’s (CCS’s) proposed National Framework for Interpreting Services. Whilst Francis Maude claims the new framework will “provide users of British Sign Language translators with a high-quality and cost-effective service,” it seems it would only compromise the quality of support provision and seriously undermine professional standards."
Ian
Site Administrator

11th May 15 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As soon as I see the word decimate I'm typically out.

quote:
Find out why the National Union of British Sign Language Interpreters was established and why being part of a union is so important

So lots of concrete suggestions there then.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th May 15 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the government has indicated that it would expect the salary for interpreters to be £30-35 thousand. But they earn £250-275 a day now and she doubts that they will be prepared to work for less money.

£250 a fucking day?!
Russ

11th May 15 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's only 65k a year, nobody in here would get out of bed for that.

Ian continues to pedal the £90 an hour despite it being far from the normal fee. Moaning about 'lefties' because they express an opinion different to his own..

What is your opinion on potential increase in tuition fees? Steve and Ben G think all non mandatory schooling is ridiculous and should be scrapped it seems
Aaron

11th May 15 at 05:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
^ Agreed

But people like Russ appearing to whinge that there's no way out isn't the way either. There's always a way for people who are willing to work hard and persevere for a goal. Sadly though, i think many people want everything now now now.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Aaron]
I moved 200 miles away from home at 24 thanks

And yet you're still moaning. Maybe try another 200 and see how you get on. Oh of course, you can't possibly afford to

[Edited on 11-05-2015 by Aaron]
Russ

11th May 15 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't need to? I live in a beautiful village in a modest house in one of the safest counties in the country and work in one of the nicest cities in Britain,another 200 and I'll be in Holland.
ed

11th May 15 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never paid much attention to it before, but do we have to wait until April next year for the changes in income tax to come in?
pow
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 07:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, tax free allowance is £10,600 this year.
Aaron

11th May 15 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't need to? I live in a beautiful village in a modest house in one of the safest counties in the country and work in one of the nicest cities in Britain,another 200 and I'll be in Holland.

STFU then.
Russ

11th May 15 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the world doesnt revolve around me though, i believe in helping people who need help.

i dont agree with benefit scrounging, and i think the 26k (soon to be 23k) benefit limit is excessive.

minimum wage is around 13k a year, that's not enough to live on without help.
ed

11th May 15 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Yes, tax free allowance is £10,600 this year.

This is Corsasport damn it - surely we're mostly interested in the higher rate bracket being raised from £42k to £50k right?
pow
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's 42 to 100k actually
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the world doesnt revolve around me though, i believe in helping people who need help.

i dont agree with benefit scrounging, and i think the 26k (soon to be 23k) benefit limit is excessive.

minimum wage is around 13k a year, that's not enough to live on without help.

Who was responsible for the excessive benefits limits in the first place?
Marc

11th May 15 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see this thread has gone all portfolio.
pow
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It hasn't Marc
Marc

11th May 15 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, portfolio in reverse. Who's worse off and hard done by.
Russ

11th May 15 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
Jambo

11th May 15 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
It's 42 to 100k actually

Think we need to ask Andrew for clarification.
ed

11th May 15 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure it's £100k?! The stuff I've been looking at says £50k. This was one of the sites I was looking at anyway: http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/election.php
pow
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

" as well as increasing the threshold at which the 40% tax threshold is introduced from £42,385 to £50,000"

So the first £10.6-12.5k no tax, then upto £50k @ 20%, to 100k @ 40%, 100k+ 50%
pow
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It actually might be 150k
Ellis

11th May 15 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
" as well as increasing the threshold at which the 40% tax threshold is introduced from £42,385 to £50,000"

So the first £10.6-12.5k no tax, then upto £50k @ 20%, to 100k @ 40%, 100k+ 50%

When does this begin? Or is it merely a proposal at this stage?
SVM 286

11th May 15 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

As said, work hard and achieve.

Sadly these two don't automatically go hand in hand Ben.
SVM 286

11th May 15 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Charlie Brooker can go fuck himself.

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for? 24 database queries in 0.1152182 seconds