corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for?

Poll: Are you voting? If so, who for?
Conservative 49 (37.98%)
Labour 6 (4.65%)
Lib dems 8 (6.2%)
UKIP 25 (19.38%)
Green 2 (1.55%)
SNP 9 (6.98%)
Other(state) 2 (1.55%)
Not voting, we're shagged whoever wins. 28 (21.71%)

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are you voting? If so, who for?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th May 15 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ you are ignoring the route cause of all these austerity measures you highlight, yes they aren't good, but who do you think ran up the country with a much debt that these measures were necessary!

If labour got in, it would either be no different, or they would keep spending and run the country into even more debt.
SVM 286

10th May 15 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
And they're all valid points Russ, I truly agree with you. But more people agree with that than don't.

Crazy isn't it.
Russ

10th May 15 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
And they're all valid points Russ, I truly agree with you. But more people agree with that than don't.
implying that people know about these things.
Generally boils down to two trains of thought
Labour spend too much so vote tory
Tories spend too little so vote Labour
Russ

10th May 15 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Russ you are ignoring the route cause of all these austerity measures you highlight, yes they aren't good, but who do you think ran up the country with a much debt that these measures were necessary!

If labour got in, it would either be no different, or they would keep spending and run the country into even more debt.
i don't think labour have all the answers, but I think they believe in a fairer society than what we currently have.

As I have said, labour made mistakes I just think there's more than one way to skin a cat
andy1868

10th May 15 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a little unfair to blame the entire financial crisis on Labour, and I'm not a labour supporter. I just don't feel like they were the party to get us out of it, and clearly neither does the majority of people.

I'm not saying the sun shines out of Cameron's posterior but I think he's the lesser of the evils. Let's not forget that Labour weren't all sunshine and lollipops. They're the ones that sent us into an illegal war on false pretences, which funnily enough secured oil rights to lots of Tony's friends over the Atlantic. That's not to say the Tories are guilt free on that either, David Cameron openly backed it too. There was a March on London of 2 million people yet we still went, what does that tell you?

Democracy is so fair, we get to pick our dictators
Russ

10th May 15 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the old saying goes, if elections changed anything they'd get rid of them
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm dissapointed Labour didn't get in simply because I agreed with more of their policies over anyone else. Do I like the Conservatives? No, not particularly; but from a purely selfish point of view I'm not going to noticeably be adversely effected by them being in power. I'm young, healthy, well educated and have a decent career that pays well, so you'd think I suit the Tories down to the ground. I've just got accept that most people voted for them (despite Labour's share of the vote actually increasing more than the Tories - 1.5% compared to 0.8%).

Ultimately I don't think Labour lost because of their party, or their previous overspending. I think what it generally boils down to is a lot of people just couldn't envisage Ed Miliband as Prime Minister; simple as that (plus no one really likes Ed Balls). I think moving forward the party would benefit from someone like Chuka Umunna leading them. I think he'd give the party a much needed freshen up. Always comes across very well in interviews too, in my opinion, and doesn't seem to dance around questions as much as other politicians love to do.

MX5 Project Thread
Russ

10th May 15 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, dancing around questions winds me up, there was that Ed Miliband interview where he said the same thing over and over again for 3 minutes regardless of the question
Russ

10th May 15 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this one http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyashton/everyone-is-sharing-this-ancient-video-of-ed-miliband-repeat
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I couldn't believe that when I first saw it. Thought it had to be a wind up.

MX5 Project Thread
Cavey

10th May 15 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I think Andy Burnham would be a good leader for them he actually seems to give a shit about the NHS and what he didnfornthe Hillsborough victims was brilliant.

I agree, my first opinion was can you imagine Milliband next to Obama grinning his face off? As with everything nowadays, appearance is a lot. I'd imagine the fact that the Sun and Mail, are pro-tory probably influenced a few people who can't make their own mind up too (not that it would of greatly effected the overall result)

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Cavey]
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pretty sure Andy Burnham is favourite at the moment. Yvette Cooper is also quite high up the list I think. Wonder if she'll be bitter with the voters about her hubby losing his seat though lol.

MX5 Project Thread
3CorsaMeal

10th May 15 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to help the poor people. But I feel it's all those people sitting at home all day moaning about their free income that probably made up the 40% that didn't vote. Probably couldn't be bothered as had something on TV they needed to watch.

Also find the people on benefits are those people from school that had big fat parents and couldn't speak properly. Life just isn't fair I guess. But we can't go on supporting the down and outs forever. Then it's not fair on the intelligent people who are really making the world go round. It's really isn't the toilet cleaners and binmen making this country survive.

The votes reflected this so I don't want no jipp
Aaron

10th May 15 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ, i heard this song and immediately thought of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aRor905cCw
Russ

10th May 15 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok
JordyCarter

10th May 15 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are we thinking of the protests? The fact the media were not reporting on it for a while?
Ben G

10th May 15 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Because it's unfair austerity?
Child poverty at its highest levels - people shouldn't have kids if they can't take care of them.
Homeless up by 1000 - poor people.
Nurses reduced by 6000 - probably immigrants anyway.
People being treated in tents in car parks at A&E - probably cleaner than the wards.
Food banks used by over 1,000,000 - probably better than ALDI and LIDL stuff.
Royal Mail sold on the cheap, the best man at George Osborne's wedding buys £50m stake through his hedge fund - boo hoo. Man earns money on shares. That is life.
50p tax rate cut for the high earners - yet they still pay more tax than you do.
Front line police cut by 17,000 and support staff cut by the same number - still too many.
50,000 families moved out of London due to cost of living - shame that. They can move up north and spend their money, helping the economy out.
University fees increased - who gives a shit. Poncey kids.
HSBC not punished for their part in tax evasion - I use Halifax.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Ben G]
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could write a load of policies that would sound a million times better than the tories, but would that mean it would be helpful on the country.

FFS the labour govt left this behind after their last stay in power

3CorsaMeal

10th May 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They spent it all on nappies and cheesestrings. Not before making sure they have a flat screen TV and an iPhone.

Got no food. But have a good camera phone to take pics of kids to go on Facebook.

The trouble is the poor seem to think they should have all the same things as the people with money.

I see people I know who work crap jobs. But happy to spend hundreds of pounds on tattoos or feel is their right to have the latest gadgets. Then moan how they have been denied £10 a week and that they are suffering.
Gary
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
What are we thinking of the protests? The fact the media were not reporting on it for a while?

Saw a picture of someone at this protest complaining that torys 33% of the 66% of the population isn't a majority. I dont think they understand how the voting system works. This annoyed me so get the water cannons on them for me. Most will be student with nothing better to do anyway.
Gary
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Definatly just bellends.

MoesTavern

10th May 15 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It was a global financial crisis, Steve. Originating in the U.S. Which caused chaos especially in countries with a strong economic dependency on financial services (i.e.: the UK). It's arguable the result would have been the same whoever was in power.

Yet the Tories used it (and are still using it) as evidence of labour's financial mismanagement.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying they were implicit in causing it, but they certainly compounded it by pandering to people on benefits, poor immigration Control, silly political correctness making many jobs inefficient through red tape and pointless paperwork. At one point it was actually beneficial to not work and have kids! Not to mention poor control of the banks

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Steve]
Russ

10th May 15 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

banks under much tighter regs now
Aaron

10th May 15 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
At one point it was actually beneficial to not work and have kids!

This.

Cameron said at least two times during speaches on Friday that he and his party were working with and for people who want to work and progress themselves. I think this is a clear indication that scrounging, benefit grabbing scumbag cunts who have children coming out of their ears are going to struggle.

As someone pointed out in a post earlier...if you can't afford kids then dont fooking have them! One of my colleagues has two kids with another one on the way. He moans all the time about not having enough money yada yada yada, however, he chooses to NOT apply for promotions in the company due to the fact that their tax credits will go down

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Aaron]

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you voting? If so, who for? 25 database queries in 0.2190859 seconds