corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing pillars to paint - how do you remove A pillar?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing pillars to paint - how do you remove A pillar?
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Apr 15 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the title says, how do you remove the A pillar without breaking anything can't see any clear way to get it off don't want to just rip it off and break clips.
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Apr 15 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I should add, I'm aware of the circles at the top of the pillars and that's where I'd asume some the screws are under but the plastic circles don't seem to be movable to get to screw?

[Edited on 08-04-2015 by Jason x]
random dav
Premium Member

8th Apr 15 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Screw will be a torx bit.

To get them off pull door rubber out of the way and gently pull it out. Also I'd be more tempted to cover them with a suede like fabric to reduce glare,plus it looks better

WRLFC !

Project cars
flame

15th Apr 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to remove the plastic circle at the top of the A pillar trim- you can use a small flat blade screwdriver to do this. There is a T25 torx under there and the rest is held on with the white trim clips that pull out. Once the screw is out, pull the piece of trim sharply away from the A pillar and then up to get it from behind the side of the dash.
Jason x
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies I've had it all out and painted all the pillars and roof lining now

The plastic circle on the A pillars was so flush it didn't look removable which was confusing me as I couldn't see any other place a screw could be.

[Edited on 15-04-2015 by Jason x]

New Poll